+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Dog Breeds

OT - Dog Breeds

Is this woman in the right, deluded or totally irresponsible?

Charlotte Towner, who owns a two-year-old American bully XL called Coco, says her dog is good company, even for her young child.
    Ms Towner thinks the dogs mainly get bad publicity because of how they look and argues a ban would not "eradicate the problem" of attacks.
    'More punishment' needed
    "I mean, don't get me wrong, my girl's weighing in at 60kg. But she's 60kg of love," she told BBC Newsbeat, arguing questions needed to be raised about owners, rather than animals.
    "I just think, don't judge a book by its cover. Before you decide to make the ban, perhaps come and meet other dogs like Coco that are getting the bad name when they really don't deserve it."

I think the XL are the next bling thing of the council estate yob.
    Doberman.
    Rottweiler
    Staffy
    Pitbull
    Now XL.
    I work with a bloke and he owns one. Upto 2 year old he said he was great. The past 12 month he's become a handful and wants to fight anything what has 4 legs.
    He fits the category above.

Clearly dog owners love their dogs. There's an old lass in my village who claims 'Dogs is 'ooman'. Dog owners have a responsibility if only for the sake of others to properly train the animals from pups. It's also the responsibility of dog breeders not to breed such animals which inherently potential killers. 10 people killed in the UK this year from dog attacks, I wonder how much she would love her pooch if it ripped her child to bits, perhaps she may think that lovely Coco was only playing.

Any dog breed has the potential to cause injury or worse to a human but some are just a disaster waiting to happen and should never be left alone with small children.
    I'll stick to having a cat. You never hear of someone getting maimed to death by one of those

When Sunak is making noises that legislation will be brought in to ban them what does he mean?
    Any existing dogs will be put down immediately. If so that will cause uproar

Perhaps the real issue is that Coco has the potential to turn on anything at any time even though it acts angelic at the moment
    Most other breeds don’t do that

Just seen this….

There will be not be a cull of American bully XLs, the UK's chief veterinary officer has said, after Rishi Sunak announced the dogs will be banned.
    Christine Middlemiss said instead there will be an "amnesty", where owners will have to register their dogs and take actions including a muzzle in public.

That isn’t what the PM is saying. Another example of the current Government s hapless management

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Any dog breed has the potential to cause injury or worse to a human but some are just a disaster waiting to happen and should never be left alone with small children.
    I'll stick to having a cat. You never hear of someone getting maimed to death by one of those
    Unless you own a lion

We also have a cat, just happy he only weighs 6.2 kilos and not 62 kilos as he can have a hissy fit when he wants to.

Animals or human life? Any dog liable to kill someone should be be put down not bothered about owners what we going to do wait for same to happen again then it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Animals or human life? Any dog liable to kill someone should be be put down not bothered about owners what we going to do wait for same to happen again then it's too late.
    gru, how can you determine a dog is liable to kill someone just because it's growling at you? Dogs are very protective of their owners and more importantly their own space. Thing is, something has to happen before action can be taken.

I've owned many dogs throughout my life from Jack Rustles to Alsatians. ALL dogs should be taught by responsible owners how to receive a command and act upon it. The only thing is some dogs don't want to know or, some stupid thick owners think it's okay to let their dog(s) just do their own thing.

Like you said they are ANIMALS but will react how they seem fit, bit like humans really, no one knows when someone is going to flip!
    Last edited by Brin; 16-09-2023 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gru, how can you determine a dog is liable to kill someone just because it's growling at you? Dogs are very protective of their owners and more importantly their own space. Thing is, something has to happen before action can be taken.

I've owned many dogs throughout my life from Jack Rustles to Alsatians. ALL dogs should be taught by responsible owners how to receive a command and act upon it. The only thing is some dogs don't want to know or, some stupid thick owners think it's okay to let their dog(s) just do their own thing.

Like you said they are ANIMALS but will react how they seem fit, bit like humans really, no one knows when someone is going to flip!

Brin so we have to wait till next person's mauled to death for something to happen. No take action now before that happens again against owners of these dog breeds that could kill & who breeds them as well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast