+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20 mph limit in Wales from Sunday 17th September!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I have seen reports that there will no leeway; even 21mph will get you a ticket. That’s the Welsh ‘government’ for you, though, a bunch of bigoted crackpots.
    The 10% + 2 mph tolerance isn't actually a legal requirement, although the National Police Chief's Council's current guidelines remain that all UK drivers should be allowed some leeway before enforcement action is taken and that this leeway should be uniform across the whole of the UK. Given this, I suppose anyone fined for doing 21 mph in a 20 zone (rather than 24 mph) could argue the toss accordingly.

As ever, I guess it depends on individual circumstances and how much of a dick the driver has been or how much of a dick the officer is.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It was torturous trying to get out of Tenby today mate, it literally felt ridiculously slow.

Not helped by the idiots trying desperately not to do 20 who were driving at 15-17 mph.

When I reality, they give a tolerance of 10% plus 2mph anyway so you can safely do 23-24 without getting a ticket.

Where in Wales do you live?
    I feel your pain and frustration, drives me mad these woke drivers as I refer them as.

I’m in South Wales, have lived in Cardiff previously but currently in between Cardiff and Barry.. the Vale. Decent place but it’s the people in Wales in general that can be irritating, guess that’s wherever you go.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    I feel your pain and frustration, drives me mad these woke drivers as I refer them as.

I’m in South Wales, have lived in Cardiff previously but currently in between Cardiff and Barry.. the Vale. Decent place but it’s the people in Wales in general that can be irritating, guess that’s wherever you go.
    I find the locals in Tenby and Saundersfoot to be really friendly.

I have seen reports that there will no leeway; even 21mph will get you a ticket. That’s the Welsh ‘government’ for you, though, a bunch of bigoted crackpots.
    This is the same old scare story (talking about all speed limits) bought out by the national press when there is a slow news day and they haven't anything better to write about

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    This is the same old scare story (talking about all speed limits) bought out by the national press when there is a slow news day and they haven't anything better to write about
    The reports that I heard came from truck drivers, not the media, so possibly more reliable.

The reports that I heard came from truck drivers, not the media, so possibly more reliable.
    Where do you think they heard it

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I find the locals in Tenby and Saundersfoot to be really friendly.
    Ha yes, that is so true. The Pembrokeshire area is known for many who have left England to settle over there, and over the years built their own families etc - so they don’t inherit some of the characteristics you get typically with Welsh people. I know that’s generalising a whole nation.
    It’s the same in Gower area which is where I spend a lot of time. Have you been to Oxwich Bay? My in laws are literally 200 yards from the sea. I’ve got my eyes set on buying a place there someday as can’t be doing the busy city areas. I prefer a bit of scenery and peace.

My parents retired to the Gower as they were originally from there before moving to Herefordshire. There are some beautiful unspoilt beaches such as Three Cliffs, Tor, Pobbles, to name a few. In actual fact I think that Oxwich is the least attractive of the bays. They lived in Pennard and had a golf course between them and the beach.
    I don’t think that you can generalise about people as you have all types in all areas.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Where do you think they heard it
    In Wales!

In Wales!
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)