+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prediction League - Luton Town

Should be a team we get three points from. But first half game plan was terrible and had some bad luck with the sending off and then the handball. So all in all, I’ll take the point with all that against us.

Still curious why we can look fantastic for long stretches against Man U and Liverpool and then look lost for an entire half against the likes of Luton and Everton

highlights from kenilworth road...if any side was going to donate the first point to struggling luton ..it was always going to
    be this useless wolves team..

I've been stewing on this for over 24 hour now, but I'm still angry, and bewildered at O'Neil tactics yesterday. I can't complain about him starting with the same line up that played so well for 45 minutes against Liverpool....nor can I blame him for Bellegarde stupidly getting himself sent off. I can blame him for everything else!

That first half performance was diabolical, we continually gave the ball back to Luton who were running all over us, and our basic ball control was at the level of an under 9's side. Embarrassing. It wasn't much better in the second half, except for a moment if individual brilliance of Neto to put is ahead. I also can't blame O'Neil for the penalty. It wasn't a penalty but it's against Wolves, so it must be! I'm beginning to believe there's a vendetta against us! However, the substitutions, not for the first time this season baffled me. We were playing, arguably the worst side the Premier League will see and ewe end up with no strikers on the field! I am already at the point that Gary O'Neil is out of his depth! I can't blame him for taking taking the job, but I do blame Hobbs for giving it to him. Hopefully there will be 3 worse teams than us come the end of the season!

I'm starting to feel as if we've been here before...same old, same old. The only real positive for me is that we've got some very talented youngsters in search of beneficial direction and, sadly, I'm no longer sure O'Neil can deliver a way forward. Seemingly, he gets some things right but, equally, there are many more examples of faulty judgement left unexplained. I'm inclined to think that Plates' summation is correct and, if so, we should all be worried.

I only managed to watch the highlights, or should I say lowlights. I can not get my head around the fact that we looked very good in the first half against Liverpool, and so inept against Luton, who with due respect, we should be beating.

It doesn't help though when we are playing against twelve men with only ten. These VAR decisions are now becoming ridiculous!!!! When are we going to get one in our favour? This season at Man U, last season at Newcastle with Raul, a couple of seasons ago at Burnley and the brutal tackle on Nevis, by Pogba that led to a Man U goal. There are others as well.

This season we are three points worse off than we should have been, and Saturday against City will not help our cause.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)