+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hamilton this Saturday

I can't be bothered waiting until tomorrow to hear the usual excuses from the manager before making a post. The only positive in the game was Cochrane's goal other than that we were very, very poor again. How we got away with just getting beat 2-1 is beyond me. Some of the chances Hamilton passed up were unbelievable, especially the two headed attempts in the first half. We could easily have been 3 or 4 down after 15 minutes. How the manager could keep Hutchinson on for the full 90 minutes is a complete mystery to me, he offered absolutely nothing apart from the ability to regularly get caught offside.

I think we need a bit of a reset after that performance. You can't tell me that is how the management and players want to play football like that. The lack of intent from minute one with the slow tepid play from the back is killing us. The opposition sense blood, the crowd get nervous, the players get nervous. We get away with one but then crazily we repeat it again. Play from the back but how about now and again get the play away in seconds with a quick throw. We at no point looked comfortable or all out intent for 3 points. Simply not good enough.
    Accies were more than happy to press, bite into tackles and get forward. Once again we were out fought and out muscled.
    Positives I thought were an improved Josh Todd, the maligned McClelland and the shot stopping at least of Stone.
    Great to see one of my heroes Tommy Bryce honoured and nice for Alex Wilson getting recognition. I enjoyed Dan on the tannoy. If everyone at Queens worked like that lad we would be in the top league.
    Lastly it is so disappointing hearing away fans berating the state of the seating again. This must be addressed by the BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    I can't be bothered waiting until tomorrow to hear the usual excuses from the manager before making a post. The only positive in the game was Cochrane's goal other than that we were very, very poor again. How we got away with just getting beat 2-1 is beyond me. Some of the chances Hamilton passed up were unbelievable, especially the two headed attempts in the first half. We could easily have been 3 or 4 down after 15 minutes. How the manager could keep Hutchinson on for the full 90 minutes is a complete mystery to me, he offered absolutely nothing apart from the ability to regularly get caught offside.
    Injury - hit Queens were no match for the best side imo to visit Palmy on league business this season and the Accies should have won by a far bigger margin. If anything Marvin's subs made the team performance worse - I just don't see what Ferguson
    brings to a game and got to agree that Hutchison had a nightmare and looked well off even the pretty low standard Queens are currently playing in. Four losses from 7 league games is really worrying form as we approach the end of the first quarter of the season with Annan only 1 point behind now and that is the opening fixture of league quarter 2 at Galabank in a few weeks time !

Even more disturbing is Marvin's post match interview where, other than the goals conceded, he thought the team played well. As has been said on many other occasions the playing out across our own box simply invited the opposition on to us and yet again we started off so sloppily unable to do the basics. Ambrose dribbling out is a disaster waiting to happen. We were off it yesterday not closing down the Accies making it easy for them and if it we had conceded three in the first half then there could have been no complaints but Bartley's assessment of the game is incredulous at best.

He’s feeling the pressure now. Sick of these disastrous home performances

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Even more disturbing is Marvin's post match interview where, other than the goals conceded, he thought the team played well. As has been said on many other occasions the playing out across our own box simply invited the opposition on to us and yet again we started off so sloppily unable to do the basics. Ambrose dribbling out is a disaster waiting to happen. We were off it yesterday not closing down the Accies making it easy for them and if it we had conceded three in the first half then there could have been no complaints but Bartley's assessment of the game is incredulous at best.
    I can’t believe that Marvin has had the audacity to suggest that the team played well yesterday…….next he’ll be suggesting that his decisions were good. Well I for one, and there will be 1000 behind me, plus 250 Accies fans who thought Queens were woeful and you were poor. For the ump****th time this season you persisted in playing from the back and failed. In chess if you play the same starting move it will be check mate and we are about to be overtaken by Annan, please make no mistake.
    As a manager, why did you fail to make substitutions when it was clear that the fresh legs of Hamilton were making mincemeat of us?
    Then when you did make a substitution you took off the only player who could change things for Queens in Lee……The Hamilton bosses must have thought you’d backed them for goodness sake!
    Are you deliberately trying to lose games?
    Marvin, I’ve lost faith and it’s time you changed your tactics……..please,

Suppose it puts to bed the notion being banded about pre-season that clubs will be breaking down the door to entice the manager away come October. The thing for me, other than what has been mentioned in terms of lack of ideas, tactics or even effort, is that Hamilton aren't even that good a side. Yes, best seen down here so far but that bars lower than the limbo world championship

Oh how a lot of fans forget. Just a few weeks ago a large number of us were all worried about the manager leaving for a bigger club, even a few worried about him going to hibs just a couple of weeks ago. That’s how highly he was thought of. Now a large number of us are “losing faith” or complaining about his tactics, even down to substitutions. This was the same man you weee all frightened of leaving!!! Two defeats to the top two in the league has shown us where we are. The players are simply not good enough at this point although I am sure we will make the play offs come the end of the season. And why the hell are some of us worrying about Annan when the likes of Montrose are likely going to be our biggest challengers for the play offs

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Oh how a lot of fans forget. Just a few weeks ago a large number of us were all worried about the manager leaving for a bigger club, even a few worried about him going to hibs just a couple of weeks ago. That’s how highly he was thought of. Now a large number of us are “losing faith” or complaining about his tactics, even down to substitutions. This was the same man you weee all frightened of leaving!!! Two defeats to the top two in the league has shown us where we are. The players are simply not good enough at this point although I am sure we will make the play offs come the end of the season. And why the hell are some of us worrying about Annan when the likes of Montrose are likely going to be our biggest challengers for the play offs
    I’m worried about Annan because quite simply they will beat us in a few weeks time, and Tommy Goss will have fun doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Perhaps the main issue is that following a poor performance Marvin constantly says that the defensive lapses will not be repeated but as was the case on Saturday the same old frailties were on show yet again. Also the persistence in passing the ball deep across the penalty box is encouraging the opposition to push much further forward. This may work for the likes of Man City but with players of our ability it is a disaster waiting to happen. Recognise our limitations and play to our strengths. This is why we are consistently better away from home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)