+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Inverness (A)

I think Goodwin has done a pretty good job to turn around the squad in one window, I really expected us to go to the last minute of the transfer window desperately needing to strengthen, but we got most our business done early, Declan Gallagher feels like a game changer. The one glaring question mark is around Moult keeping fit, and his back up. I have serious reservations about Watt being able to fill that void over any serious length of time, I just don't see him having the attributes in terms of pace or strength to hold up ball and win headers to play up front, and as much as we have goals in the three positions behind, none are prolific, so we really need goals in that position, not another guy creating. The pace might not be such an issue at home if we have the bulk of possession.

Moult doesn’t have pace either , have always said we were still light up front with or without Watt

I feel we have enough to get goals at this level so the main thing is keeping it tight, working hard to keep cleansheets, we should always be able to get goals and not need to be having to score 3-4 to win game

Early days but I'm happy with the progress so far and where we are compared to initial perception after the viaplay games

Tough away tests to come next month, on both plastic pitches (no surprise 6 wins from 6 combined for Raith and Airdrie at home) plus away to Thistle but with one of the best away records in Europe right not, we may stand upto that run!

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Moult doesn’t have pace either , have always said we were still light up front with or without Watt
    Nah but he has the strength and game to bully and occupy defenders and compete for headers.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Nah but he has the strength and game to bully and occupy defenders and compete for headers.
    And JG along with Moult has completely changed the way we play for the better. No more high hopeful punts to Fletcher from lazy defenders. Night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I think Goodwin has done a pretty good job to turn around the squad in one window, I really expected us to go to the last minute of the transfer window desperately needing to strengthen, but we got most our business done early, Declan Gallagher feels like a game changer. The one glaring question mark is around Moult keeping fit, and his back up. I have serious reservations about Watt being able to fill that void over any serious length of time, I just don't see him having the attributes in terms of pace or strength to hold up ball and win headers to play up front, and as much as we have goals in the three positions behind, none are prolific, so we really need goals in that position, not another guy creating. The pace might not be such an issue at home if we have the bulk of possession.
    As much as I'm loathe to break up our excellent back 4,perhaps giving Graham a game and sticking Holt up front might be an option? Late on in a game at least maybe? He's more eye for a goal than T. Watt anyway

Duncan Ferguson new manager of Inverness according to Sky Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Duncan Ferguson new manager of Inverness according to Sky Sports.
    After doing so good at FGR. 🙈

Anybody know how many Arabs where at Inverness at the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I know Paul Sturrock was a winger & Miller Thomson is an attacking mid but could he be the new Luggy?
    NO. However, here's hoping he makes a name for himself in his own right.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)