+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We are doomed

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    It's very difficult to separate parody from absurd perspectives on here.
    This is based on true reflection where we would be now had he not taken the club on. Can you even contemplate a town the size of Rotherham with no football identity? Doesn't bare thinking about. ''There's only one Tony Stewart....one Tony Stewart...there's only one Tony Stewart''

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    This is based on true reflection where we would be now had he not taken the club on. Can you even contemplate a town the size of Rotherham with no football identity? Doesn't bare thinking about. ''There's only one Tony Stewart....one Tony Stewart...there's only one Tony Stewart''
    Yes but like it or not we are really a Sheffield suburb

But regarding size, Leeds has only one club

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes but like it or not we are really a Sheffield suburb

But regarding size, Leeds has only one club
    Grist, I don't see it like that as Sheffield clearly spawned it's birth off the back of all the steelworks all those hundreds of years ago from Rotherham

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    DM, so you think TS is just hanging around for the Centenary glory? Well my take on that is so he should. Where would this club be now without him and his personal wealth that has kept us going for the last 14 years? Some say how long can the plaudits go on for Tony Stewart, I say forever while ever he is in charge.

I do note your point though how promises of certain aspects, ie; training facilities would improve and have only very marginally done so and still no decent outdoor training pitch to use, not conducive to forward progression and making the facilities more attractive to inviting players to sign for us.

The extension to the stadium if over 8,000 S/T's were sold? I was never for that from the off, we can't even fill it with our own fans so for me that would have been money wasted. As it is it's never happened anyway.

One thing that will be interesting to read is what spin Tony puts out to entice us to part with our money for League 1 football? The corporate price is going up with a hefty increase so I wouldn't be surprised to see S'T's increase even though we are dropping the League 1. Can't complain can we, there hasn't been an increase on S/T's for over 10 years. Maybe if he had done so through the last 10 then maybe, he would have had more cash flow to give to managers for higher marquee signings. He can't win either way, who'd be a Chairman of a football club heh?
    Brin I will always be thankful for him saving our club and getting us home to Rotherham, add to that the Wembley trips and some great football over the years. He has every right to sell up and walk away with his head held high. However, the view held by some that he can do no wrong and we should accept being thankful for the past and given false hope for a future he knows full well will never happen, doesn't sit well with me. If he sells and leaves we have no idea what will happen it could go well it could be a disaster, but change will happen whether we want it to or not. In the meantime whilst he runs the club and gives silly interviews and statements, we as fans have a right to question and challenge, it is not disrespectful to ask questions and challenge the way the club is being run. Let us see what transpires in the next few months in terms of this new direction we are supposed to be heading to or will it be another state of the art training facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    TS credability would be zero if he drops LR now or even at the end of the season, he will get until Christmas with TS expecting us to be top 6, that is exactly what he did with PW. TS has no intention of investing properly into the club and I suspect his exit strategy has already started and at the end of next season he will have gone or be in the process of going, he wants the centinary glory. The whole joke around the infrastructure shows that, we were promised a state of the art facility in 2016/17 and we have two waterlogged pitches with some basic facilities, and no commitment to do anything except drain some of the water away. People that think our training facilities are not a key requirement for sustained success amaze me, if that were true why do clubs build those facilities.
    Pretty accurate summary as how it stands at present.Nobody wants TS to be out of pocket by spending any of his own money.I can see him wanting to stop on for this centenary year but to get promotion we will have to get the recruitment spot on.

Brin I will always be thankful for him saving our club and getting us home to Rotherham, add to that the Wembley trips and some great football over the years. He has every right to sell up and walk away with his head held high. However, the view held by some that he can do no wrong and we should accept being thankful for the past and given false hope for a future he knows full well will never happen, doesn't sit well with me. If he sells and leaves we have no idea what will happen it could go well it could be a disaster, but change will happen whether we want it to or not. In the meantime whilst he runs the club and gives silly interviews and statements, we as fans have a right to question and challenge, it is not disrespectful to ask questions and challenge the way the club is being run. Let us see what transpires in the next few months in terms of this new direction we are supposed to be heading to or will it be another state of the art training facility.
    Not disagreeing with any of that but it's easy spending somebody else's money

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Not disagreeing with any of that but it's easy spending somebody else's money
    It isn't about spending his money, he chose to be chairman, he chose to own a football club, he is smart enough to know what that means in terms of financial investment and expectations of football plans, there shouldn't be any surprises. Any rational sane person would know that if you go to press and say you intend to do something and then you don't people will ask questions and expect an answer.

TS needs to get his credibility back with the fans. He got shut of Scott & Taylor within give or take a year. Stubbs & Redfearn pretty quickly. Most of us on here could see in all cases was the right decision. LR & Kelly they've had enough time arguably they are worse than any of them. No good saying they aren't their players every managers same when start managing a new club. They had January window to improve the squad they didn't. I can't see how they can stay in the job.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    TS needs to get his credibility back with the fans. He got shut of Scott & Taylor within give or take a year. Stubbs & Redfearn pretty quickly. Most of us on here could see in all cases was the right decision. LR & Kelly they've had enough time arguably they are worse than any of them. No good saying they aren't their players every managers same when start managing a new club. They had January window to improve the squad they didn't. I can't see how they can stay in the job.
    Apparently not. For some he is literally beyond criticism. And these people get to vote.

It isn't about spending his money, he chose to be chairman, he chose to own a football club, he is smart enough to know what that means in terms of financial investment and expectations of football plans, there shouldn't be any surprises. Any rational sane person would know that if you go to press and say you intend to do something and then you don't people will ask questions and expect an answer.
    Not disagreeing with that either, but surely that's the reality of what's happening, TS decides what is and what isn't a good risk at any particular moment.

Aspirations and plans are made but in reality changing factors can scupper those plans very quickly. It might look like backtracking but really it's just steering the boat around life's icebergs

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast