+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Watford ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Great win, Rutter.. I knew he had quick feet.... blimey he could be some player. Was a bit worried without Rodon... the whole team played well, there still jelling... funny when theres a good result... a certain poster regularly goes missing..
    Sorry. I am in Gods Country…Kentucky Lake. I missed the game. 😳

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Sorry. I am in Gods Country…Kentucky Lake. I missed the game. 😳
    Didn’t know there was a Kentucky Lake in Yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Seven points from nine and no goal conceded; think it should have been a full nine but definitely better than the start of the season
    There you go mate keep the faith.

Before a ball was kicked this season, I said we must give them a chance ie 10 games to start to see where we are. Not the finished deal but we are definitely getting there. Three games and no goals against speaks volumes on how far we have come. Like I say not the done deal, we will have hiccups as most teams do but the signs imo are there.

Well done lads.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Great win, Rutter.. I knew he had quick feet.... blimey he could be some player. Was a bit worried without Rodon... the whole team played well, there still jelling... funny when theres a good result... a certain poster regularly goes missing..
    You can't resist, can you? You know next to nothing about me, save that I'm a widower, nothing about me otherwise, my family, my "situation" etc etc.....Fact is I had other, more important matters to attend to during the day, so despite Oz being kind enough to supply a link, I wasn't able to take advantage unfortunately, as from what I've seen on the EFL Highlights programme, we look like we've found both passing and scoring boots.

I'd agree with another poster, Rutter looks like more of a provider than a scorer, and no bad thing if that means the pressure of one-on-one situations is removed, if only temporarily as he doesn't seem to cope well with them. In all other respects (yes, all), this was a team that was transformed from the willing but ineffectual group that faced Dull (and to address one of the points you made previously, with only two days to recover and prepare since that underwhelming performance!)

Was great to see the Byram goal, must be good for a player who has been absent from ER for so long to get on the scoresheet. It was a team performance, to the extent that Meslier, with so little to do, was still "on it" and made sure we kept a clean sheet.

Would I prefer to have watched the game today compared to Wednesday, you betcha, but some things are more important the football.

Seeking sympathy? You know little about others and yet seem to think it’s open season to insult them or call them stupid. Priceless.

Farke stated at the start of the season that it would be a bumpy first 2 month, he could hardly muster a team, couldn't fill the subs bench, had injuries(still has), had sinnistera and gnonto playing up, Harrison departed last minute (by the way how are Everton doing) and had to try and gel together some newbies and a whole team, so to be where we are having only lost one game to a 96th minute soft pathetic penalty (he dived) is nothing short of a miracle, there's a game plan and he has options which he uses, we can all see how he's transformed rutter and it's improving as we go on, some draws we should have won I admit but overall I'm pleased, there's a togetherness again with manager and players, well done to farke.

Farkes sure in control as we move to 5th, NW & some nice footwork too.

https://twitter.com/MrPaulRobinson/s...5Es3_&ref_url=

Georgie Rutter stated a while back.
    "If you are to make an impact, you are going to have those who will be critical of the decisions that you make."

Mmm, as for Farkes man management, i'am sure that his patience will grow into tolerance for our inteligent, 21 year old hard working team player as he learns his trade.

Maybe 'some' folks don't think about patience in this way for a 21 year old trying whats been asked of him positionally wise for the benefit of the team ?

Note the 3rd men running routine practiced from the training ground, the passing & awareness of all the players in tune - wonderful !

https://x.com/WALMOT_/status/1705613054463926551?s=20

Or put bluntly - as another great philosopher said "If players were not human i'd never lose" (stated one Marcelo Bielsa) 👏

Food for thought for 'critique eyes👁👁

Without their GK having such a good game and if the Dan James pen was given could easily have been 5 or 6

The lad Anthony took his goal well too.
    Nice to bring people of the bench who can contribute in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Farkes sure in control as we move to 5th, NW & some nice footwork too.

https://twitter.com/MrPaulRobinson/s...5Es3_&ref_url=

Georgie Rutter stated a while back.
    "If you are to make an impact, you are going to have those who will be critical of the decisions that you make."

Mmm, as for Farkes man management, i'am sure that his patience will grow into tolerance for our inteligent, 21 year old hard working team player as he learns his trade.

Maybe 'some' folks don't think about patience in this way for a 21 year old trying whats been asked of him positionally wise for the benefit of the team ?

Note the 3rd men running routine practiced from the training ground, the passing & awareness of all the players in tune - wonderful !

https://x.com/WALMOT_/status/1705613054463926551?s=20

Or put bluntly - as another great philosopher said "If players were not human i'd never lose" (stated one Marcelo Bielsa) ��

Food for thought for 'critique eyes����
    All in for that Totty but paying 35mil is not a learning curve price tag and especially a no no for championship football.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)