+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Forest Green Rovers 23.09.09 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I don’t think he played in a left sided midfield role today? Thought he played his usual position.
    Agreed, he was just left side of the back 3.

Tbf they were decent second half, I listened to their manager pre game and it sounded like they are starting to come good performance wise, apparently nearly ever player had a chance to score last game so I was quite weary of them today and then surprised with them being fairly passive first half.
    It’s certainly one for LW to dissect and analyse was it them good, us bad or somewhere in the middle, I suspect the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Possibly the next mark against him was playing Camaron in a left side midfield role where he stuck out like a sore thumb. Then he didn't sub him, possibly to not upset him as he is a valuable player, but just not in that position.
    Cameron was playing left in back 3 today.🤷*♀️

Possibly the next mark against him was playing Camaron in a left side midfield role where he stuck out like a sore thumb. Then he didn't sub him, possibly to not upset him as he is a valuable player, but just not in that position.
    I'm confused? Cameron played left of the back 3?

Definitely a game of two halves. First half, total domination and as complete a performance as I've seen. Second half was borderline shambolic by comparison. Was it that they stepped up or we dropped off? Who knows?

Disappointed with Stone today. Not sure he found a notts player with all his longer balls

The first half today was excellent. We dominated possession and controlled the game. FFR had everyone behind the ball at times but we managed to find a way through twice and go in at half time 2-0.

This is not the National League so we will not dominate teams for the game. After half time they had nothing to lose so went for it and aggressively attacked. The disappointing thing for me was that the high standards we have set in the past year were just not there. We could not get a foothold on the game, made many mistakes, were slow in the press and with interceptions. These players are great and have so much respect from me, but it’s my honest opinion from what I saw. It was almost inevitable that FGR would get a goal back which they did. Then things didn’t improve and we were not like the Notts we have come to know. So it was a sucker punch when FGR got the equaliser.

That was the kick up the backside that the players needed to switch back on and thankfully they did and we became much better as we got our third and fourth goals. It didn’t seem like the game was done though and you could sense both sides still had goals in them. We then shot ourselves in the foot by conceding the penalty so set up a tense and nervy finish.

It was a good win and we got the three points. Like others have said I can’t see FGR down the bottom end of the table long term. They looked like a decent outfit and seem to be finding their feet after being relegated from league one. For us we shouldn’t be conceding three goals at home and the first fif**** minutes of the second half is going to be a lesson and example in not switching off at this level otherwise you will be punished.

We’ve got the three points and lessons will be learned going forward. Especially with LW at the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The first half today was excellent. We dominated possession and controlled the game. FFR had everyone behind the ball at times but we managed to find a way through twice and go in at half time 2-0.

This is not the National League so we will not dominate teams for the game. After half time they had nothing to lose so went for it and aggressively attacked. The disappointing thing for me was that the high standards we have set in the past year were just not there. We could not get a foothold on the game, made many mistakes, were slow in the press and with interceptions. These players are great and have so much respect from me, but it’s my honest opinion from what I saw. It was almost inevitable that FGR would get a goal back which they did. Then things didn’t improve and we were not like the Notts we have come to know. So it was a sucker punch when FGR got the equaliser.

That was the kick up the backside that the players needed to switch back on and thankfully they did and we became much better as we got our third and fourth goals. It didn’t seem like the game was done though and you could sense both sides still had goals in them. We then shot ourselves in the foot by conceding the penalty so set up a tense and nervy finish.

It was a good win and we got the three points. Like others have said I can’t see FGR down the bottom end of the table long term. They looked like a decent outfit and seem to be finding their feet after being relegated from league one. For us we shouldn’t be conceding three goals at home and the first fif**** minutes of the second half is going to be a lesson and example in not switching off at this level otherwise you will be punished.

We’ve got the three points and lessons will be learned going forward. Especially with LW at the helm.
    Great, articulate summary. Many thanks as a remote person much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I'm confused? Cameron played left of the back 3?
    I said left midfield, we used a back 2.

I said left midfield, we used a back 2.
    No we didn’t. Cameron was left side of a back 3 but often supported attacks as he normally does.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    No we didn’t. Cameron was left side of a back 3 but often supported attacks as he normally does.
    He was left CB but he gets forward a lot and we often look most vulnerable when he’s pushed up and we lose the ball. It’s a trade off but can be a bit scary at times!

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast