Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
Certain things are glaringly obvious.
Pears is a confidence individual and once he had a bad game,others would follow.
Unfortunate to get an injury but it gives Leo a chance in the sticks.
Wharton is not a defensive midfielder but for the past 3-4 games he is operating as one.
Garrett or tronstad,needs to start alongside travis.
Wharton really isn't living up to his previous promise and needs to be dropped.
Hyam and carter are made to look poor because they are being stretched by a non existent midfield.
We played some great football today if we can harness that but get a little stronger in midfield we should soon start seeing better results. I'm sure of it. He wants to play an attacking style which with Wharton & Mason is too light weight because Travis is often left up field after a misplaced pass from one of ours and good sides are cutting through us. We won't play the 2 top in form sides every week and that's tough. I want us to carry on playing this attacking football but we need to get Wharton swapped like you say for Tronstad. Get Travis alongside him and play Moran. I liked the look of Sigurdson he will score goals and Sammie is superb for us. Pears was at fault for their 1st goal. Too weal yet again. But I'm unsure this other ls any better. That's a concern as clearly Pears will be missing for a while now.
Their 2nd goal was real quality and sometimes you have to put your hand up and accept that. They are better.
I'm not overly shocked & disappointed really. I thought they really got into them and played really good passing attacking football which will pay off over time. We just need to get the balance right. We are missing SG, Hedges, Leonard & Ennis who we haven't really seen so far. He is now training from next week so hopefully won't be long back. We've played 2 decent in-form sides and it's not gone our way Time to just go a little more defensive for a couple of games get a few points & move on.