+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kop

The Kop

It feels like the noise level gets louder and louder every game. I love it.
    I’ve always felt we’re generally a quiet set of fans.
    This is probably an unpopular opinion but I’d love it if the Kop was standing throughout the game.
    I’ve always found an atmosphere is better when standing.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    This is probably an unpopular opinion but I’d love it if the Kop was standing throughout the game.
    Out of interest, do you sit in the Kop or Pavis? I sit in the kop and sometimes wonder if the sound in there is travelling out. I used to sit in the Pavis and quite often you couldn’t hear the kop although people who sat in there said the atmosphere was great.

There are sooo many more youngsters in the ground at the minute, it’s great. 10,600 there yesterday, that’s just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Out of interest, do you sit in the Kop or Pavis? I sit in the kop and sometimes wonder if the sound in there is travelling out. I used to sit in the Pavis and quite often you couldn’t hear the kop although people who sat in there said the atmosphere was great.

There are sooo many more youngsters in the ground at the minute, it’s great. 10,600 there yesterday, that’s just amazing.
    I’ve noticed the amount of kids that have come down in the last few games and to see the family stand 3/4 full makes a refreshing change….everyone seems to be on board getting behind the boys!
    COYP

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    I sit in the Kop but totally agree, I’ve often sat in the Pavis and thought the Kop sounds quiet.

I sit in the Pavis half way line and sat there yesterday,the Kop seemed quieter and very quiet when FGR had their best spell and pulled it back to 2-2 and at the same time the Pavis was moaning so the atmosphere was getting a bit grey.
    So I texted a pal in the Kop and said get them singing,he said they were.
    I also watch a couple of blogs from people that sit in the Kop and it sounds very noisy so I think it must be the acoustics.
    Having followed Notts from the early 70’s I think that Notts support is brilliant with over 10,000 at home games and thousands away - I’ve been to a number of away games where we have been lucky to take a couple of hundred.
    Long may it continue great time to be a Notts fan

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I sit in the Pavis half way line and sat there yesterday,the Kop seemed quieter and very quiet when FGR had their best spell and pulled it back to 2-2 and at the same time the Pavis was moaning so the atmosphere was getting a bit grey.
    I also watch a couple of blogs from people that sit in the Kop and it sounds very noisy so I think it must be the acoustics.
    Having followed Notts from the early 70’s I think that Notts support is brilliant with over 10,000 at home games and thousands away - I’ve been to a number of away games where we have been lucky to take a couple of hundred.
    It is the acoustics. When away fans had the kop, very few teams would bring many fans and it acted like an echo chamber but projected out on the pitch so it sounded louder. Hence why there was the push to get it back to home fans. Unfortunately, when it's nearly full, the sound doesn't echo around so it doesn't amplify the sound.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post

I sat in the Pavis towards the Haydn Green Stand and I could certainly hear the Kop yesterday. Course it went a bit quite when they pulled it back to 2-2, you would expect that, but when we took the lead a second time I thought the atmos in the Kop and Pavis was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    It is the acoustics. When away fans had the kop, very few teams would bring many fans and it acted like an echo chamber but projected out on the pitch so it sounded louder. Hence why there was the push to get it back to home fans. Unfortunately, when it's nearly full, the sound doesn't echo around so it doesn't amplify the sound.
    Clubs like Stoke and Newcastle used to fill it and were as loud as hell, to us sat in Z block in the opposite corner of the ground.

Stallard and Bracegirdle have referenced the noise and atmosphere several times in recent weeks, you can hear it on the radio. Luke praised the fans for their noise for helping the team to the 3 points. Notts aren't Crystal Palace - very few clubs go on and on constantly, regardless of what's happening on the pitch - and that's not a bad thing, it just becomes background noise then.

It would be even better all standing for sure, but I don't think we'd be allowed to convert it to "safe standing" because of the gradient.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    I sit half way line in Pavis also and thought the Kop were superb yesterday. The whole ground was nervous and quiet for a time when we were under the cosh, but found their voice again.
    I sing and clap in The Pavis but so many don't. I do wonder how you can attend and be dispassionate???
    Re standing. Designated safe standing areas would be fine. But I genuinely think we've moved past that. Older people, small children probably prefer sitting for comfort and viewing

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I sing and clap in The Pavis but so many don't. I do wonder how you can attend and be dispassionate???
    Nothing to do with being 'dispassionate', more to do with personalities and perhaps generations, to a degree.

I'm very passionate about football and Notts County first and foremost, but I like to quietly absorb the game and concentrate deeply on it, rather than singing and clapping and interacting with others all the time. That's not to say I don't clap good bits of play or that I don't make any noise, some games more than others, but I'm not one of those who sings all the time. I enjoy my football the way I want to enjoy it.

I think what you find in many grounds is that certain sections become known as the most vocal areas, such as the Kop at Meadow Lane or the A-block at F-word, while other parts of the ground tend to be quieter, and fans will migrate to whichever part of the stadium suits them. There's nothing wrong with that at all. If you've paid your money, you can watch the game in the way you want to watch it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast