+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Injury situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Which left money in the budget to get another one in.
    Not really because Taylor had in mind who our 25 registered players were to be so had to stick with them not knowing what was around the corner with injuries. The 'spare' money has only come around because of the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Derek, I'm lead to believe that all three of Hall, Morrison and Peltier on supposed substantial wages, are also paid on a pay as you play basis and their wages will be substantially reduced if they don't play. If that is the case, then the club aren't paying out as much as been quoted by some on here.
    Brin that is not how business works, the contracted liability is the total amount, the club have to work on an assumption the full liability will be paid. That means the club will have taken the full liability into account when allocated spend to other investments. I do like the fact you want to see positives, I struggle to do that most times. I think getting a point against the league leaders was very good, so I can see positives. However this CB situation is self inflicted and The gamble hasn’t worked.

Maybe we have a bit to spend in January if it is on a pay as you play. As brin said. Not a financial gamble but it's deff a squad gamble

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Just 2 or 3 who actually get on the pitch pleeeaseeee! This is not to do with bad luck or funds just ridiculousness...If we go down it will be the main reason

Odoffin has never played CB for us so plainly MT dunt fancy him there. He has had opportunity to put him there but never has.
    Agree it would be nice to have a choice who place CB though tbf odoffin and Humphreys are not normally injury prone so it makes the other 2 less of a risk. I still would have only signed hall as the risky signing. And if I wanted the changing room voice maybe keep wood though I believe that bridge was burned long before wood left

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    It was quoted in an article hat stated the highest paid players by club. If it isn’t true fair enough, I can only refer to the information that is available. Either way it doesn’t detract from the shocking decisions that have been made with this squad. .
    I know your not gullible m8. You know it's not true. There's loads of info on FB/twitter I'm sure 90% of that is not true.
    Nobody will disagree with the signing of all 3 was a risk and I'm guessing most fans wouldn't have done it. We don't know the ins and outs as to why MT did. Wasn't we chasing the signing of the Exeter CB between signing Morrison and hall?

Yep shows how we miss a woody type now. Know he wunt be able to do it in the champ now but you know most of the time you could get him out on the pitch and he would do a decent job for you. Suppose we should be grateful blackett is. Fingers crossed he keeps doing it. Outfield player of the season so far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I blame too much Fantasy Football because all the armchair managers think it's a simple as keeping to a budget and you can have whichever players you want and if anyone gets injured you just swap them with one of equal value.
    Joking aside, MT stated that we got turned down by dozens and dozens of players. A huge amount of …..thanks but no.
    Presumably a sizeable proportion of those were defenders

3rd page on this thread it's vanished so again I can't work out why Peltier Hall Morrison Ferguson Appiah Eaves Kelly are here add nothing. Kioso or Bola for Peltier & Appiah. McCart for Hall & Morrison far better alternatives. Kioso Peterborough & McCart Barnsley are in their sides out on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    We have 4 senior CB and 2 out on loan. Plus peltier and oddefin who can fill in these slots.
    How many CB do folk want at the club. Or is it the fact 5 of the 8 plus 2 out on loan are not available?
    Yeah we all know we wouldn't have sign peltier, hall and Morrison but MT did and took the gamble.
    Where has this 30k for 3 players come from that derby miller keeps quoting? Is it a say it long enough peeps will think it's true?
    Hall and Morrison were quoted to be on £10,000 a week and Pelts £6,000 ?

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Hall and Morrison were quoted to be on £10,000 a week and Pelts £6,000 ?
    Mtale see earlier posts re appearance fees

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast