+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are Americans so loud?

Why are Americans so loud?

Does anyone know why they’re actually so loud, are there cultural reasons for this?

Even at golf they shriek like maniacs, why?

Has anyone noticed how Yanks tend to sing as they talk as well?

Really f kin annoying.

All of my American friends (music contacts) are very confident people, I think that’s the driving force.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    All of my American friends (music contacts) are very confident people, I think that’s the driving force.
    I’m a confident person in a public setting but I don’t shout and holler.

I love the NFL but I’d struggle to enjoy a live game due to their over the top behaviour.

They are also very insular. I believethe percentage who don't have a passport is very high and travelling out of their own State (or even county) is someting special. I met a few Americans while working abroad many years ago - All very nice people but completely lacking in world wiseness. Only one who had a clue was an ex Vietnam vet who could definately look after himself.

My son has lived and taught in California for the last 5 years and has just married his American gf. He can confirm they are loud. Very loud. I think it is a confidence thing. They are big and they are brash. Secretly I believe he misses England a lot but if you knew his new wife and you took one look at his you would appreciate why he is never coming back.

Have to admit I am loud.

Decent people though the Americans and travel there a lot! Very proud of their country and the flag which puts us to shame. US service personnel serving and veteran are treated like Gods by the public and retailers where ours are treated like complete s hite in comparison!

Whilst the Yanks pay a high price for medical many would say you get what you pay for in comparison to our crumbling NHS!

Europe should be grateful at the support the US are providing to Ukraine in comparison to the French and Germans!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I’m a confident person in a public setting but I don’t shout and holler.

I love the NFL but I’d struggle to enjoy a live game due to their over the top behaviour.
    That's because you're not American Mick. Over here we've been conditioned to "Tone things down". There's no merit to that conditioning over there.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    That's because you're not American Mick. Over here we've been conditioned to "Tone things down". There's no merit to that conditioning over there.
    They screech inane bol lox at sporting events and their TV sports coverage is overbearing, some of the presenters actually shout and scream during what us just normal discussion.

I watch a very good NFL chat show each day called Pro Football Talk.

The two hosts were discussing their U.K. popularity v another NFL show from the same U.S broadcaster and the main man on the programme I like said that his success was down to the fact the other show was “too American” according to U.K. watchers who contact his show.

Too loud, too shouty, too falsely over the top”.

I’m waiting for Des to comment on this thread!🤣

By the way, you need to ask the Vietnam vets how they feel about the “public support” etc that they got/get within their own country.

They were vilified.

Treated disgracefully by their own.

I have family in the States, none of them are your stereotypical loud yanks - went there a few times in the 80's & 90's and found the folk my age at time (****s then twenties) superb, the more "mature" types were somewhat matter of fact & rude. The loud part is in the sports settings, they are competitive, play to win and have an almost unshakeable belief that they will do so.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    They screech inane bol lox at sporting events and their TV sports coverage is overbearing, some of the presenters actually shout and scream during what us just normal discussion.

I watch a very good NFL chat show each day called Pro Football Talk.

The two hosts were discussing their U.K. popularity v another NFL show from the same U.S broadcaster and the main man on the programme I like said that his success was down to the fact the other show was “too American” according to U.K. watchers who contact his show.

Too loud, too shouty, too falsely over the top”.

I’m waiting for Des to comment on this thread!🤣

By the way, you need to ask the Vietnam vets how they feel about the “public support” etc that they got/get within their own country.

They were vilified.

Treated disgracefully by their own.
    We’re two opposites really, we need to be more like them at times and they need to be more like us at times. We suppress every emotion and they amplify theirs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)