+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prediction League - Manchester City

Oh! Plates, why didn't I listen to you, I could have been rich !!! I'm stunned by the final result, but delightedly so.

vid highlights

The highlights flatter us, they dominated but struggled to break us down. Credit to Gary O’Neill for reverting to a back 5, get used to it against the top teams!? Credit too, to our forwards for turning scraps into goals. As Grizz, I’m more than happy to be wrong about the result 🙂

I've been hugely critical of Gary O'Neil, especially of his tactics, in game management and substitutions. He got all of them spot on yesterday, and deserves all the plaudits for it. Does it mean I have changed my mind on him? Not yet, one game, although against arguably the best club side in the World isn't enough for me yet. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but I'll need to see this more consistently before I completely change my mind!

BTW Grizz, I did have a couple of quid on us 😉😁

I bet most of the 28,000 plus Wolves supporters who attended were expecting a real spanking. The bookmakers had city at 1/4 to win with Wolves priced at 9/1. That is why you don't see bookmakers riding bikes.

Credit to the much maligned O'Neil who created a game plan, and much credit to the players who carried it out so well, with real commitment. As you will all have read or seen, Man City had most of the possession, more corners and shots, impressive stats which is what you would expect from one of the best teams in the World. However, the one that really matters is that Wolves scored two goals to their one.

Nunes was mercilessly booed by the home fans from the first moment he touched the ball, and this cranked up the already wound up fans even more. City started off camped in our half, but had no answer to the pace of Neto, who out paced two City players before a fortunate deflection gave Wolves a foothold in the game. Dawson had Harland in his pocket and the City man will be praying he doesn't have to play against him each week. Gomez was like a Pit Bull in midfield, snapping into tackles and fist pumping on success.

Half time came and we were thinking could it be, while expecting a backlash from the European Champions. The referee was upsetting both sets of fans with some of his decisions, and several on both sides were unlucky to receive yellow cards. After a brilliant run by Cunha, City won a free kick at the other end, while the Wolves striker and the home fans were appealing for a home free kick. A superb free kick was too good for Sa who after colliding with the post could only pick the ball out of the net.

We were all expecting the floodgates to open, but our players had other ideas and a great pass from Kilman saw Semedo on his bike up the right wing before an excellent cross was eventually turned in by Hwang. We hung on for a great win and a valuable three points. All the team played well and we need more of the same next Sunday against Villa.

At Christmas last year, I think I an correct in saying we had only ten points. We now have seven and it should really be ten.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)