+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelty Hearts v Queen of the South.

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Same he’s on a 2 and a half year contract or he’d be gone IMO.

13 points behind already - dearie me
    Don't think the board or any realistic QoS fans expected the young new team and manager would compete with Falkirk or Hamilton. Only 3 points behind 3rd where we will be aiming to finish, hopefully the injuries clear up and Marvin gets to pick his best 11 players very soon. Rome wasn't built in a day just look at Falkirk as an example ...

Quote Originally Posted by King Dobbie View Post
    Don't think the board or any realistic QoS fans expected the young new team and manager would compete with Falkirk or Hamilton. Only 3 points behind 3rd where we will be aiming to finish, hopefully the injuries clear up and Marvin gets to pick his best 11 players very soon. Rome wasn't built in a day just look at Falkirk as an example ...
    More players injured ( Todd & Connelly ) plus Reegan is out for the SEASON…

Having just listened to the manager's post match interview I think there is every chance he will leave of his own volition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    Having just listened to the manager's post match interview I think there is every chance he will leave of his own volition.
    He certainly sounded like a broken man, frustrated with the players not giving their all as he demands. Injuries are mounting up and perhaps his tough training methods are the source of these so he may need to reflect upon his tough training sessions so we have less injury issues. Tough times ahead for Marvin and we really do need to back him.

Really disappointing result. Time for Marvin and his coaching staff to earn their corn. There is no point in changing manager and the board won't anyway. Time for back to basics. Get a shape we are happy in and play it home and away. Play to our strengths. I think we are overthinking things. Do we really need a new different game plan for every single team?
    Come on boys next Saturday lets go for the win as though it is your last ever game.

I mentioned yesterday that I've given up, - and I still feel totally dejected.

Do I have sympathy for Marvin? Only that he has lost a brilliant player in Mimnaugh who would have made a huge difference against Hamilton and every other team this season, - but apart from that, no.

One thing I can't stand is sheer arrogance and making the same mistakes week in and week out.

You make some great points Qosdreamer, and I don't think we need a complicated different game plan for every week, - (although we obviously we do need to know the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition) - what is more important is allowing our players the chance to express themselves and have the opposition worry about what we might do.

Fitness is extremely important, - but 'beasting' players in training does not help anyone, - it only results in exhaustion (causing longer recovery times) and raises the chances of injury. I'd rather the players trained to 80% of their capacity, allowing them the chance to play to their full capacity on a Saturday, - and look forward to the training sessions in the following week.

SAS style training techniques can have a negative effect on the vast majority of people (if that is what is happening) and if the players aren't enjoying themselves we have a huge problem.

So for me, - Marvin needs to first of all admit that he may have made a few errors and ease up on the blame game. I would like to see him playing to his strengths and bring his fast players into the fray, - causing opposition defences to worry about our wide players and pulling people into defence, - allowing our own defenders a little more time on the ball.

This is not the time to pull the plug on Marvin, but it is time for Marvin to make changes, - changes in the way he manages and expects his players to perform, - and above all its time for him, - like any manager, to listen to as much advice as he possibly can. Some of that advice will be good, - some of it will be bloody awful, - and some of it will provide him with thought processes that he'd never thought of, - allowing him to come up with his own unique strategies.

He simply cannot carry on making the same errors, - and perhaps that is why he is a 'broken' man, - because it's suddenly dawned on him that maybe, - just maybe his tactics were not the right ones - for now.

When he eventually writes his book, - he'll perhaps include a chapter entitled "when breakdown makes you stronger".................maybe not?

One step at a time, - and with all due respect I don't think we need to play as if this was our last ever game, - I think we need to remove a lot of the stress, - ask the players to enjoy themselves and give 100% on the pitch, - and let them play football.

It can be a lonely occupation for a manager, - and everything appears to be resting on your shoulders, - but sharing a problem is the first rule to solving it, - and discussing alternative strategies.

Its worth a try Marvin.

He might walk away first …… 🤔

I certainly hope not. The best always use the bad times to make them stronger.

I think most fans share the frustration to be honest in that the season is not going as planned.

The only think I would ask though is, who is he to take advice from. I'm afraid in the true style of professional footballers/managers he will have surrounded himself with yes men who won't turn a word

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I certainly hope not. The best always use the bad times to make them stronger.
    He’s still manager after clear the air talks with both the BOD & players this morning.
    Although extremely frustrating let’s stick by him at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)