+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Southampton - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Think it's also clear even at this early stage that Leicester, even after selling maddison and Barnes will walk this league, they are streets ahead of everybody, if we make play offs we will have done well. Even second I feel is beyond us.
    Agreed.

Said before the season started I thought Leicester would win the league but looking at what is left in the division 2nd spot feels like it's up for grabs but I would be very surprised if we got it.

So it's the play-offs possibly , and we all know how that usually pans out

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    ???
    When we got Rutter someone posted here how happy they were in getting Him and Annie in I'm still trying to figure who annie was lol

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Mmm, Farkes comments.
    The ones its aimed at are obvious, just Farke's way to convey a message that would be too 'socially awkward'.

Possibly trying to keep all players happy & on their toe's that starting eleven too.

Lot of old pro's would state never change a winning line-up after last weeks great win but it back fired badly & now Farke defo knows the liabilities of when certain players are picked how consistency evaporates & effects others on the pitch.

He'll also use same philosophy for left-back scenario & give Firpo his chance for sure & try to utilise exactly what he's got to offer - but as been said 'a few on borrowed time now'.

Its there in his further comments.
    "What was decisive was that our defensive behaviour was not spot on, like it was in the last games, when we had four clean sheets in a row."

"We need to be more aware, more awake, sharper in decisive moments. Tiny little moments can make a big difference".

Strange rotation of defence, imo.😞
    Firpo think we have all seen enough to know his shyte. Only thing that has saved him froim been duper shyte is his injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Agreed.

Said before the season started I thought Leicester would win the league but looking at what is left in the division 2nd spot feels like it's up for grabs but I would be very surprised if we got it.

So it's the play-offs possibly , and we all know how that usually pans out
    What happens to HOPE Faith and all that some preach on here?
    The old saying is take each game as it comes. One good game doesn't make up for 4 poor ones and all that says is very inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    The old saying is take each game as it comes. One good game doesn't make up for 4 poor ones and all that says is very inconsistency.
    Oz,

The takeover took way way too long.

Farke brought in a few weeks before the season starts.

Rats deserting the sinking ship , some of those Rats declared they wanted to stay and help us get back up , further f*cking up Farke's plans.

New players coming in , old players coming back from loans last season.

Poor at Birmingham and poor at Southampton 1st half and average in a couple of other games , unlucky not to beat Salford.

Came back from 2 down against Cardiff , Came back from a goal down against WBA , Battered Millwall 3-0 away from home , Hammered Hull for 60 minutes untill the sending off , Beat Ipswich in their own back yard who are one of the front runners in the division , were outstanding against Watford.

As it stands we sit in 9th spot 3 pts off the play-offs.

I get your frustration cos we all want the same but for farkes sake pal get real did you honestly expect us to be flying like Leicester given all the sh1t we had before the season had even started?

We are doing ok in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Ridiculous to write us off after one one bad game in 4.

What is depressing is to see the same old pattern of putting players in based on seniority or bootlicking. Cooper, Ayling and Bamford simply aren't good enough anymore. It's been that way 3 years now. It's time to give some younger players a run and see if they can do it. You could tell in the first 10 minutes of this match we weren't on our A game. Switch it up and see what happens.

Oz,

Rats deserting the sinking ship , some of those Rats declared they wanted to stay and help us get back up , further f*cking up Farke's plans.

Poor at Birmingham and poor at Southampton 1st half and average in a couple of other games , unlucky not to beat Salford.

Came back from 2 down against Cardiff , Came back from a goal down against WBA , Battered Millwall 3-0 away from home , Hammered Hull for 60 minutes untill the sending off , Beat Ipswich in their own back yard who are one of the front runners in the division , were outstanding against Watford.

I get your frustration cos we all want the same but for farkes sake pal get real did you honestly expect us to be flying like Leicester given all the sh1t we had before the season had even started?

Well put Rev.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Ridiculous to write us off after one one bad game in 4.

What is depressing is to see the same old pattern of putting players in based on seniority or bootlicking. Cooper, Ayling and Bamford simply aren't good enough anymore. It's been that way 3 years now. It's time to give some younger players a run and see if they can do it. You could tell in the first 10 minutes of this match we weren't on our A game. Switch it up and see what happens.
    On the contrary, I never wrote us off just putting out the basic facts they promise so much that we fall by the sword. I like the recruits and all are showing signs, unlike the crap that left and still has on the list.
    The ones left behind are the ones holding us back from Gnonto to Summer to Ayling to Cooper now we have Bamf back Rutter will be like Harrison one game wonder then back to basic self.
    Not impressed with Farke either unlike most. Have Byram on as LB lol and Shaks who played his best game for us at LB RB and don't mention Cooper and Gray on the bench. Ideology of not wanting to embarrass lol what the f are they 5 year olds?
    I think we just may win enough to get promoted but going to be hard going harder than it needs to be.

Oz,

Yes, the takeover took a long but they had someone in to take care of the player business 2 months prior to the takeover. You also forget the 49ers were in control last season eg radz didn't want Rutter on perm but on loan to see how he went then perhaps signed but the 49ers made him buy him outright. I know Radz is coping the brunt but come on him trusting Orta and 49ers directing traffic he was in a no-win situation.

Tomaaaato - tomato - seems clear we have a decent manager - a more balanced squad with good players at this level and youngsters are getting more of a chance.

Farke hasn’t had that long with them but there are already signs we are much better tactically than last year.

As other have said above certain players need to transition to being 2nd or 3rd choice picks.

It’s not all roses but it isn’t all doom and gloom either - we seem a nice work in progress and it’s overall fun seeing how we progress.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)