+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Francis Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Took no prisoners Franny....

Thats when refs were proper refs. Control...

What a tough and great player he was.

RIP Franny as he was known.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66987328
    Hi Brin, I remember Franny Lee so well. We'd gone over to Lanacashire somewhere so watch the Millers, around 1965, our game was off so we went to Maine Road to watch Man City v Swindon. There were Millers wearing red and white on the kop, I don't think there were any other Swindon supporters there. I think City had the Summerbee, Lee, Colin Bell up front and we were yelling our heads of for Swindon who I think won 2-1. Memories, memories, RIP Franny.

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    Hi Brin, I remember Franny Lee so well. We'd gone over to Lanacashire somewhere so watch the Millers, around 1965, our game was off so we went to Maine Road to watch Man City v Swindon. There were Millers wearing red and white on the kop, I don't think there were any other Swindon supporters there. I think City had the Summerbee, Lee, Colin Bell up front and we were yelling our heads of for Swindon who I think won 2-1. Memories, memories, RIP Franny.
    Hi ya pal. Trust you're well, not spoke in a long time. Great story by the way.

Hi ya pal. Trust you're well, not spoke in a long time. Great story by the way.
    Hi Brin, good to hear from you too, I'm well enough thank you, I've been through some bad times but it looks like they're history now. Hope you're well too.

Another sad news day. Probably my favourite player of that era. What players, what games we enjoyed back then.
    Incidentally who was the ref on the day he had the fistie cuffs with Hunter. Looks like referee Willis, reffed many a game down Millmoor back in the day, not many messed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradgate View Post
    Another sad news day. Probably my favourite player of that era. What players, what games we enjoyed back then.
    Incidentally who was the ref on the day he had the fistie cuffs with Hunter. Looks like referee Willis, reffed many a game down Millmoor back in the day, not many messed with him.
    No it wasn't the infamous Mr. Willis although it looks a bit like him. It was the much less well know Derek Nippard (thank you Google)

I'd liked to have seen VAR sort it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12