+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dens buy back

Quote Originally Posted by BP33 View Post
    Sit in the Main Stand. Never ever noticed anyone with an umbrella up.
    Nope neither have I , I was at the Motherwell game sitting near the Bobby Cox end of the main stand , the only umbrella I saw was mines which I’d used going from the car to the ground , certainly never saw any umbrellas up

Please don't let this thread disappear down an Islay rabbit hole. Forget it. The important stuff is why would ground sharing be cheaper than fixing up Dens. They will be saving the rent so there's a chunk of money they could spend.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Please don't let this thread disappear down an Islay rabbit hole. Forget it. The important stuff is why would ground sharing be cheaper than fixing up Dens. They will be saving the rent so there's a chunk of money they could spend.
    Do you really think the contract requiring the club (not Nelms / Keyes) to pay rent to Sandeman Properties and to maintain the site will be ripped up? There will still be money coming out of the club's budget and into Sandeman Properties for rent and the club will still need to find maintenance money. I doubt it will cost any less this year and next year for the club to play at Dens than it did last year.

Might only be shifting of Nelms / Keyes cash between entities but it will still be coming out of the DFC entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Do you really think the contract requiring the club (not Nelms / Keyes) to pay rent to Sandeman Properties and to maintain the site will be ripped up? There will still be money coming out of the club's budget and into Sandeman Properties for rent and the club will still need to find maintenance money. I doubt it will cost any less this year and next year for the club to play at Dens than it did last year.

Might only be shifting of Nelms / Keyes cash between entities but it will still be coming out of the DFC entity.
    Must have misunderstood the transaction Sorry. I thought the idea was to own the ground and stop paying rent to Sandeman Properties. From my limited experience of commercial property paying off a mortgage is cheaper than paying rent.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Must have misunderstood the transaction Sorry. I thought the idea was to own the ground and stop paying rent to Sandeman Properties. From my limited experience of commercial property paying off a mortgage is cheaper than paying rent.
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong but to me Dundee FC still doesn't own the ground. My opinion is that that's why it's being sold as being 'in dark blue hands' and not the outright property of Dundee FC. So, in the hands of a company whose directors are also owners of Dundee FC. People that many of us still aren't sure whether we trust or not and whose long term plans we have no idea about.

When they do eventually move on and leave Dundee FC behind in the hands of new owners the club might be in exactly the position it was when Dens was in the hands of Sandeman Properties under John Bennett - a tenant paying rent. RRoS has been banging this drum for a while now.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but to me Dundee FC still doesn't own the ground. My opinion is that that's why it's being sold as being 'in dark blue hands' and not the outright property of Dundee FC. So, in the hands of a company whose directors are also owners of Dundee FC. People that many of us still aren't sure whether we trust or not and whose long term plans we have no idea about.

When they do eventually move on and leave Dundee FC behind in the hands of new owners the club might be in exactly the position it was when Dens was in the hands of Sandeman Properties under John Bennett - a tenant paying rent. RRoS has been banging this drum for a while now.
    The yanks and Linda in particular could do so much more to address some fans ( generally those that have been thru the mire twice ) genuine and staring us in the coupon concerns but they don't........perverse pleasure, they don't have to, we are in charge you are plebs.......hopefully either of these as I've come to expect so little of them
    .........but if it's not one of those we are up **** creek without a paddle.

They treat the ordinary fan with pretty much no respect and I just can't fathom why.....what did the ordinary punter evr do? Apart from vote them in.

They also like pussing D4l about but D4l were well warned.

Roaring success hope so but this cud also be an unmitigated disaster with no much in between.

I know someone who got wet sitting in the Main Stand at the first home game of this season thanks to rain falling trough holes in the roof of the Main Stand.
    This was the same game where the Dundee FC ground staff were trying to push water off the pitch at the Bob Shankly Stand end of the pitch close to the South Enclosure.

[QUOTE=BCram;40365486]Please don't let this thread disappear down an Islay rabbit hole. Forget it. The important stuff is why would ground sharing be cheaper than fixing up Dens. They will be saving the rent so there's a chunk of money they could spend.[/QUOTE
    In my opinion ground sharing which be the first step which will ultimately lead to a full merger with the Dabs.

Sandeman Properties Limited was originally set up in March 2007 by the Dundee Football Club Directors Ian Bodie, Bob Brannan, George Knight and Dave McKinnon who was the managing director Dundee Football Club.
    I would not be surprised to read that Dens Park DBPH Limited have carried out a ‘reverse takeover’ of Sandeman Properties Limited with Dundee Football Club continuing to pay an annual rent to Dens Park DBPH Limited until the new stadium is built at Campy Nou.

You are correct.
    Sadly a number of posters on Pravda wrongly think that Dens Park is now owned by Dundee Football Club.
    They have a shock coming to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)