+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

I don't know anything according to some on here but didn't I say Appiah Hugill Nombe front 3 tonight. Fred more use than Green but we made no clear cut chances all night till our goal. Kept too many injured players Cafu Clucas look another 2. Can't see no way out of it by January be too late.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Hugil poor?? Not tonight.
    Spec savers crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Spec savers crash.
    Hugill plays better at home than he does away from home and sky commentators had him as the most affective forward up to the time he went off, he was better and set green up for a tap in, but he is a very poor lazy player. Unfortunately we are poor in attack, dont create a lot and turning half chances into attempts on target seems to be very difficult for us, we can't defend leaking goals worse than we have for a few seasons, midfield is our best area but I think that is when Rathbone is on his best, Christ gives the ball away a lot (I think he has to hold it because of the lack of movement ahead of him), we look better when Odiffin plays high up the middle. The injuries are killing us, but most research on hamstrings points to them being caused by risks created by the clubs, coaching and the fitness training. I am not sure our squad looks anywhere near as fit as previous seasons, but that could purely be perception.

TBF I thought hugill did ok. Nothing special but 6- 6.5 ish...

I keep saying it. And I will keep saying it...
    442 at home. Playing 433 offers no help for the fullbacks and most of the goals conceded come when a fullback gets isolated...

Playing 433 your relying on Fred and green to track back and help out. Both only play forwards.
    FFS it's a simple game. Keep it simple

Best we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    TBF I thought hugill did ok. Nothing special but 6- 6.5 ish...

I keep saying it. And I will keep saying it...
    442 at home. Playing 433 offers no help for the fullbacks and most of the goals conceded come when a fullback gets isolated...

Playing 433 your relying on Fred and green to track back and help out. Both only play forwards.
    FFS it's a simple game. Keep it simple
    that is not a bad call, I think 4-1-4-1 with pace wide in the 4 to play more counter attacking, we have to stop conceding goals it is too easy to score against us at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Spec savers crash.
    Just open yours.

Well I feel genuinely gutted for the players tonight. There was effort and application and no little skill. A draw would have been a just reward, injuries in the last few minutes killed us.
    A workmanlike,if dull Bristol played the perfect away game. Sadly it is the sort of side you have to beat to stay up.
    Highlight of the night was meeting my old team mate Sota. Great to see you again pal

How did we not win that ffs.
    Fred my motm
    Apiah should’ve been on well earlier than he was
    Green did nothing imo apart from about 10 minutes when subs were made
    Please dont let it be a serious injury on Blackett

Proud of the fans/club tonight for the appaluse for Laura

Good start with good tempo passing and showing the way Mt is trying to get us to play. But didn't get the early break through, and Bristol started to cancel is out, we became increasingly anxious on the ball as the game wore on. But we didn't deserve to fall behind imo, they weren't any better and when we equalised I thought we'd push for the winner until the second season changing and defining central defence injury killed us off. The players immediately knew what Blackett'S injury meant and heads and focus dropped.

Not deserved but we seem cursed at the moment. Some things you can lay at the managers door, such as a number of crocked defensive back up players, but whilst many of us had worries, even cynical me couldn't see how badly injuries would hit like this.

We needed championship quality players and took a big punt in getting in players that have undoubted ability at this level, but no one wanted. Sadly were seeing why but i can see the thinking behind the attempt.

Hard to see where we go defensively from here. Hall and Peltier if fully fit could do a job, but they aren't match hit as Hall showed spectacularly with his missed header leading to their goal. It only seems a matter of time till they are added to the injury list again. Apols for the despair!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast