+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City Post Match Thoughts

we all know the budget is a major factor and impacts us in terms of squad depth, availablilty of capable under 21 players and the fact we have to bring in players nobody else wants. This is the major factor......however it does not mean we cannot address other areas.

1. Fitness, these players are nowhere near as fit as previous squads we have had. First half high press we equalled them, second half not fit enough to high press, was over run in the end.
    2. Style of play, Hugillball is a way of playing but the team around him have to anticipate the knock on. Not the style I like, but if MT wants to play that way at least setup to support it and coach it.
    3. Team has no identity, are we a high pressing team, counter attacking team, who are we?
    4. Team selections and subs, how Green stayed on to the 79th minute shows a manager that cannot read a game he is watching. Appiah should have been on at 60 mins.
    5. We lose Blackett and the manager failed to reorganise to defend for 6 minutes, he had 2 minutes during the injury to sort it, Dexter is not a CB. Should have gone two solid banks of 4 and Nombe told to chase and hassle any long balls down the channel, to hold the ball up in the corners.
    6. Injuries, obviously not having the luck, but we brought in player sthat would be in the higher risk group and research suggest coaching and fitness increase the risk (two links at the bottom, I am sure you can all find others)
    7. Squad selection, sending Kioso and McCart out was a mistake, fit L1 quality is better than sidelined old championship players. Not getting two free agents one being a CB was a big failing by the club.

I think we all expect the worst for saturday, I can see it being 4 or 5 for them, I think once the first goes in the players heads will drop.

Ekstrand J, Ueblacker P, Van Zoest W, Verheijen R, Vanhecke B, van Wijk M, Bengtsson H. Risk factors for hamstring muscle injury in male elite football: medical expert experience and conclusions from 15 European Champions League clubs. BMJ Open Sport Exerc Med. 2023 Jan 24;9(1):e001461. doi: 10.1136/bmjsem-2022-001461. PMID: 36726776; PMCID: PMC9884908.

https://sport360.com/article/footbal...ous-impediment

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Was a good performance.

Hugill is better than smudge at the role he plays

He has alot more quality about him
    If you look at the career path of both, then facts suggest that Hugill has the best skillset. But, based on observations of performances for Rotherham, Smudge is easily the most effective, albeit most of it was in a lower league.

88 mins - Sky comms "The crowd has come alight"

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I always find it fascinating that two people can watch the same thing but have a completely opposing view of what they've actually seen.
    Me too.
    I thought it was a decent game, pretty even contest. A bit cruel to lose it that way. Disappointed but not down hearted.
    The injury situation is the greater concern.
    UTM

Really not enjoying this season. The lack of any atmosphere until 88 minutes suggests I'm not alone. Drab, boring football and we're losing. Total lack of any ideas or movement up front, so when we get posession, we don't know what to do with it apart from hoof it to Huggill who is more intent on wrestling than playing football. Appreciate injuries are making things difficult but pressure must be on MT now. His star signing is anonymous so far, tactics aren't working and if he'd saved a substitition last night we wouldn't have lost.

I think a 0-0 draw would have been the right result in terms of the quality on show of both sides and what both teams deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Me too.
    I thought it was a decent game, pretty even contest. A bit cruel to lose it that way. Disappointed but not down hearted.
    The injury situation is the greater concern.
    UTM
    we all see things differently and yes the first half we did ok, but remember they were well below what they can do (stated repeatably by the sky pundits). The second half was a grind, we were deep we created nothing until they scored and it was clear the pressure was growing. We didn't have a shot on target until the 86min at home to a mid-placed team, surely that has to concern you? We are leaking goals, and out stats on chances created are the worst in the league. We all see things differently, what did you see that a lot of us are missing?

Fred Onyedinma
    16.9%
    Tyler Blackett
    60.8%
    Christ Tiehi
    3.6%
    Ollie Rathbone
    18.8%
    528 votes
    ·
    Final results

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Fred Onyedinma
    16.9%
    Tyler Blackett
    60.8%
    Christ Tiehi
    3.6%
    Ollie Rathbone
    18.8%
    528 votes
    ·
    Final results
    Can”t argue with that.

I've shown you the way with the gee gees! it's just same when players are on the way down there's no way back. Peltier should be with Woody in the back garden in a deck chair! Hall doesn't look fit he misjudged header for their 1st goal. Can't play 4-4-2 & Kelly isn't good enough. If you can check back I said after friendly's I wasn't convinced by Green. According to experts on here we can't bring an out of contract centre back in so Douglas he's got to be given a try at centre back. 4-5-1 from now. Was sabotage letting Kioso & McCart go out on loan.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast