+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What sane manager would take the RUFC job?

What sane manager would take the RUFC job?

Given he will inherit a depleted, aging, injury prone defence, with the transfer window 3 months away?

one that is out of work and has spent his last payoff or is very bored listening to the wife all day

Didn’t realise there was a vacancy.

This season is a write-off as I predicted- so why not be bold and try and rid ourselves of the cloth- cap mentality that has held this club back for decades, by making a real change.

I am going to throw a name into the hat- someone who we should give the job to until the end of the season.

Hannah Dingley

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Given he will inherit a depleted, aging, injury prone defence, with the transfer window 3 months away?
    None. People keep talking about Warnock. He's not daft, he likes to take a over a club with 3 months left when he has nothing to lose. If he took over now he could be sacked by Christmas if he didn't turn it round. I don't think he'd touch us at this moment in time. I also don't think it'd be the best idea to get him back anyway, if he kept us up, so what? He'd wouldn't stay another season and we'd be back to square one. It'd just be prolonging the inevitable.

When it became available a year ago the Rotherham job was arguably the most attractive proposition it's ever been, certainly in my time watching Rotherham and the best manager we could attract, with all due respect to him, was Matt Taylor. Who the hell do people think we'll get now?

I'm not suggesting Taylor should go by the way, the performances in the first three home games suggest there is a seed of something there. If we sack him, we've still only got Hall, Peltier and Morrison at centre back to get us to January. We may as well give Taylor a bit longer to try and turn it round.

Taylor cannot continue. He is stinking the place-out.

I think his mistakes though will turn him into a better manager at his next job

9 wins in 51 games- no one can survive with those stats

This season is a write-off as I predicted- so why not be bold and try and rid ourselves of the cloth- cap mentality that has held this club back for decades, by making a real change.

I am going to throw a name into the hat- someone who we should give the job to until the end of the season.

Hannah Dingley
    Let me guess, you googled 'What was the name of that woman at Forest Green?' about 2 mins before you made that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    None. People keep talking about Warnock. He's not daft, he likes to take a over a club with 3 months left when he has nothing to lose. If he took over now he could be sacked by Christmas if he didn't turn it round. I don't think he'd touch us at this moment in time. I also don't think it'd be the best idea to get him back anyway, if he kept us up, so what? He'd wouldn't stay another season and we'd be back to square one. It'd just be prolonging the inevitable.

When it became available a year ago the Rotherham job was arguably the most attractive proposition it's ever been, certainly in my time watching Rotherham and the best manager we could attract, with all due respect to him, was Matt Taylor. Who the hell do people think we'll get now?

I'm not suggesting Taylor should go by the way, the performances in the first three home games suggest there is a seed of something there. If we sack him, we've still only got Hall, Peltier and Morrison at centre back to get us to January. We may as well give Taylor a bit longer to try and turn it round.
    You were probably typing that while he posted the post before.let him ruin his own thread.

Taylor cannot continue. He is stinking the place-out.

I think his mistakes though will turn him into a better manager at his next job

9 wins in 51 games- no one can survive with those stats

Give it Derbymiller.

He's got all the answers, so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Give it Derbymiller.

He's got all the answers, so it seems.
    And your ideas howdy,have you got any.Derby has opinions some times I don’t agree sometimes I do.You will be surprised I don’t agree with yours.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast