+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: T’krikkit

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Tut tut tut, heathen! You can always have a good😴😴😴 Sith!!
    Cricket and Golf hold no interest to me, but then it's all about opinions and what we like. I love F1 but know lots would rather pull nails than watch it.

I used to watch F1 but tbh it started to bore me with one team or other seemingly dominating year on year. I prefer the two wheel variety now.
    I've loved cricket since I was able to hold a bat and when I finished with the whites golf seemed a natural follow on. I prefer test cricket to the one day stuff and the 100 I find utter contrived shiitte.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Cricket and Golf hold no interest to me, but then it's all about opinions and what we like. I love F1 but know lots would rather pull nails than watch it.
    likewise I love F1 but most Sundays I need a late eve dose of Indycar or NASCAR as an antidote

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    likewise I love F1 but most Sundays I need a late eve dose of Indycar or NASCAR as an antidote
    I'll have the Indycar and Nascar without the F1!!

Cricket, Golf, F1, football, rugby, athletics, swimming, speed skating, cycling. Give me them all. I've actually done them all except F1 where the closest I got to was doing a few laps at Zandvoort in a Formula Ford. Very exciting, stimulating but I got out feeling a little sick due to me apparently being a little claustrophobic, not something I was aware I had. Also did a few laps in a Porsche racing car, we were instructed to keep within 10 to 15 car lengths of the car in front, which I did. The car behind me, driven by my eldest, got closer and closer and almost rear ended me. His initial thoughts were "get a move on dad" but then he saw I was the requisite distance from the car in front.... he'd simply got overly enthusiastic.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    I used to watch F1 but tbh it started to bore me with one team or other seemingly dominating year on year. I prefer the two wheel variety now.
    I've loved cricket since I was able to hold a bat and when I finished with the whites golf seemed a natural follow on. I prefer test cricket to the one day stuff and the 100 I find utter contrived shiitte.
    I havent watched as much as usual, its been worse than ever this year and last with the Red Bulls being dominant and Perez not being able to remotely compete with Vertsappen. Im also still a bit scarred by the way those in charge contrived to hand Verstappen his first title, still leaves a bad taste.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    I havent watched as much as usual, its been worse than ever this year and last with the Red Bulls being dominant and Perez not being able to remotely compete with Vertsappen. Im also still a bit scarred by the way those in charge contrived to hand Verstappen his first title, still leaves a bad taste.
    Mrs F and I watched every F1 race possible for the last 30 years, even through the boring Schumacher years, but she vowed never to watch another F1 race after the 2021 Masa debacle, and, woman of her word she never has.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Cricket, Golf, F1, football, rugby, athletics, swimming, speed skating, cycling. Give me them all. I've actually done them all except F1 where the closest I got to was doing a few laps at Zandvoort in a Formula Ford. Very exciting, stimulating but I got out feeling a little sick due to me apparently being a little claustrophobic, not something I was aware I had. Also did a few laps in a Porsche racing car, we were instructed to keep within 10 to 15 car lengths of the car in front, which I did. The car behind me, driven by my eldest, got closer and closer and almost rear ended me. His initial thoughts were "get a move on dad" but then he saw I was the requisite distance from the car in front.... he'd simply got overly enthusiastic.
    After doing some sprints in my XKR at Curborough I tested a 'VW Fun Cup' car a few times (basically F3 cars with Beetle silhouette bodies on) which I think were/are raced in The Netherlands too, and walked away from progressing to racing for the simple reason that I decided I couldn't have injuring anyone on my conscience, and to be brutally honest I wasn't 'good' enough to guarantee that. Jesus they were fast though, and the brakes, wow! Oh sorry, the other 'simple' reason was funds, Lance Stroll I'm not.

Back on subject, Netherlands put up a brave show and the whole event showed how the stop/start nature of cricket make vieo reviews so much more acceptable than VAR

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Mrs F and I watched every F1 race possible for the last 30 years, even through the boring Schumacher years, but she vowed never to watch another F1 race after the 2021 Masa debacle, and, woman of her word she never has.
    The way in which Hamilton was deprived of another title was very contrived but in many ways I'm glad it was. The "sport" was in danger of losing support due to its endless "20 cars turn up and Hamilton/Mercedes wins" nature. Sadly that's been replaced by "20 cars turn up and Verstappen/Redbull wins". It's been pretty much boringly predictive for so many years, dominated by the lead driver of a dominant car.

That said Manchester City dominating the premiership isn't much different, Bayern, PSG, Real or Barca the same.

I think the American systems create better competition in their sports, making it much more watchable. Repeat champions are rare, the draft rewards the inept and salary caps /tax stops financial inequities - thus competition is regulated to stop money or tech spoiling the spectacle.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)