+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salford

We have not enjoyed as much possession as we have in recent matches. May be that will change in the second half to set us up with a 2-1 win. It amazes me that the side not infrequently concedes a goal in added time surely they can cope with seeing this does not happen. I appreciate we have scored a goal ourselves against other clubs this season on a number of occasions which has given us a good result.

So Salford turn it round. But why did Holicek pass instead of shooting?
    And now some idiot has thrown a bottle in addition to the flare in the first half. What are these people on?

Any chance Davies could make a save? No better than Trigger

I've praised him to the hilt this season but I have to criticise him now. LB has got his tactics all wrong. No closing down, no moving the ball quickly.

So some bloody idiots are going to lose points or at least money by moronically throwing bottles on the pitch. If I was there I would identify them and hope they're banned for life.
    This kind of behaviour is not welcome.

Trouble with playing a slow game is that it is always more difficult to up the pace than it is to slow things down.

Next season shall we just give them the points and not bother turning up?

I think my body has premonitions - 2 years unable to go and two successive years a horror show.

Just a few thoughts and observations from yesterday. Confirmation that the ground is not the best. Was happy enough with our line up with the enforced absence of Long, although maybe we could have given Rowe a start. Also I presume that we are forced to start with Davies in goals, this will be confirmed if he starts our next league game, if I am wrong Booth must be given a chance. First half I think that we controlled the game to a good extent and created a nice goal. Their equaliser firstly wasn't a free kick, Smith had MickeyD and CBR watching him but he ended up with a free header. Our disallowed goal an absolute shambles from the officials involvement, I'm sure that everyone already knows the details so I won't repeat. Alarming to find out afterwards about the refs attachment to Salford, how has he been chosen to officiate, overall he had an absolute stinker in Salfords favour, or are there more sinister goings-on? Absolutely scandalous I know but where have we got all these morons from who think throwing bottles and flares on to the pitch is okay? Another fine, reprimand, or worse incoming. Now we were chasing the game and inevitably conceded more goals. Didn't see CBR's second goal as I had made a quick exit.

We woz robbed. I don't like to criticise the officials, but they were poor

Also, this was a much improved performance than last year's 3-0 defeat.

Again I don't like to criticise players but with 'Arthur' in goal we would have done a lot better

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast