+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Barrow 07.10.23 [EFL L2]

Perhaps Baldwin needs contact lenses - I counted at least 5 passes out of defence straight to an opposition player! -to me, Baldwin is too indecisive as to what to do with ball. Preferred it with Brindley in the middle.

That was the first 1-1 draw with both goals coming from the penalty spot since....

Tue 16/Sep/2014 3rd tier LEYTON ORIENT D 1-1 4024 Ismail(pen)25, Dagnall(pen)51

Dissapointing its 2 points dropped for many, still a point, we move on

A very difficult listen, but win at home, draw away isn’t too bad.
    Next up Mansfield, and if you haven’t got a ticket for that, hurry up, only 250 left earlier today.

Weird game. Looked like it was gonna be a walk in the park first 20 mins, after that we were never really dangerous apart from sporadic moments, and nothing really of note.

As others have said Cameron was poor - he's good at surging forward ball at his feet, and good at heading the ball, but the rest is questionable. He got rag dolled by their striker a few times, ref wasn't buying his BS claims for fouls. Penalty was a penalty but he actually seemed a bit unlucky with how the ball came to him but I'd need to see it again.

Making the 3x changes seems to always result in a goal against quite quickly. Especially when Bostock or Palmer are taken off we look a different team.

On the positive side, the midfielders were ok, tidy enough, Crowley covered a ridiculous amount of ground. McGoldrick was clever as always, Macca pressed, but after the first 20 mins none of them really created much. Jodi Jones hardly saw the ball so hard to rate him.

Brindley was the pick of the defenders for me, several ***** interventions with either blocks or doing enough to put someone off and affect the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    So we didn't get a point againstan undefeatedat home Barrow? Chill out, 12 games in we're way ahead of where we probably all expected.

No team plays well every week.
    This.

Hmm...midway thru 1st half, we just stopped playing. Baldwin had the ball 20 times without any pressure but didn't initiate a positive play. It looked like we had control but it was an illusion, all it did was break our own rhythm

Apart from that, not a bad point. Posters shouldn't be flip flopping by praising players one week and then completely laying into them the week after. It was a pretty poor team performance, but no individual player was that bad over the 90mins.

In the scheme of things a point away at Barrow is OK. My issue (according to BBC site) is that Barrow had 33% and 14 efforts at goal. We had 5 efforts with 67% possession. This has been an issue for me through last season and it continues. When we don't have the ball we are very poor particularly if we don't have Bostock. None of the defenders bar possibly Chicksen (I understand why he doesn't get in, with the system we play) have sufficient awareness of danger. I accept our style of play will expose the defence to some degree, but if we are to ho up automatically this probably needs to be addressed in January

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    So we equalled Wrexhams result at Barrow 1-1
    Don't be reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Weird game. Looked like it was gonna be a walk in the park first 20 mins, after that we were never really dangerous apart from sporadic moments, and nothing really of note.

As others have said Cameron was poor - he's good at surging forward ball at his feet, and good at heading the ball, but the rest is questionable. He got rag dolled by their striker a few times, ref wasn't buying his BS claims for fouls. Penalty was a penalty but he actually seemed a bit unlucky with how the ball came to him but I'd need to see it again.

Making the 3x changes seems to always result in a goal against quite quickly. Especially when Bostock or Palmer are taken off we look a different team.

On the positive side, the midfielders were ok, tidy enough, Crowley covered a ridiculous amount of ground. McGoldrick was clever as always, Macca pressed, but after the first 20 mins none of them really created much. Jodi Jones hardly saw the ball so hard to rate him.

Brindley was the pick of the defenders for me, several ***** interventions with either blocks or doing enough to put someone off and affect the game.
    Jones wasn't in the game much Tuesday second half. 3 of our next 4 games are against top seven teams, Stags, Gillingham and Wrexham the other game is Newport. It will be interesting to see where we are after those.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast