+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Comments

After that late goal we conceded against Bristol City our confidence would have taken a massive battering.So well done to the the lads who worked hard for that point today,especially after going one down so early in the match.Let's get Rathbone's contract sorted out before our next match,he plays like a proper Rotherham player,all heart.

MT has just said the Viktors wonder save hit him on the fore head..........still got to get there..............lol...UTM

Well didn't see that coming after the first half performance I was settling for 1-0.
    Well done Mr Hugill, egg on my face again I thought you weren't worth a place glad to be proven wrong.
    Victor was immense again, but I reckon could have done better for the goal more than made up for it after.
    Defence did well and tactics improved though I feel he ought to have started with the 5 at the back and not waited until we had gone behind.
    Appiah really needs a run in the side, as does Kelly for me he has never been given a fair crack he unsettles sides. Specially tippy tippy ones like Russell Martin teams. Well done lads feels like a win. Well done MT good subs today.
    Just on train home, also on is Dexter on his way to Jamaica tomorrow, we've told him not to get injured.

Viktor was immense today and is fast becoming our greatest ever goalkeeper.

Huge credit to Peltier today who played every minute and was great in the air. I don’t remember him losing a header and he even kicked one off the line in the 90th minute.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    One job…….you’ve called it comments instead of thoughts..🤣..
    (Well, I thought people should speak up a bit more!!)

Great result, it didn't sound pretty but who cares? All that matters is the goals and we battled hard to stay in the game, which allowed us to push on late in the game and almost snatch a victory!

Kelly and Hugill up front is something I'd like to see more of. No defence would relish playing against those two, and if the likes of Fred, Appiah, Cafu and Bramall can whip the ball into the box like they have been doing then we will start to see more goals.

Sounds like Viktor was immense, a real gem of a player. We will inevitably lose him at some point as he will go on to better his career, but I'll revere every moment he is between the sticks for the Millers.

From reading his post match comments, sounds like Taylor started to think his days at RUFC were coming to an end as the first half progressed. Unless I've misread it.

But after the utter disappointment of Wednesday night, this was a very welcome surprise. Mixed feelings about the international break, we need the time for players to heal and get to fitness, but we never re start well from them do we?

Delighted for the players, hopefully a huge shot of confidence for them.

A cultured finish by Hugill, not bad for a waste of space. Get him support and he is effective, simples.

Those who trip over themselves to comment when we lose, yet are MIA when we get a result to be positive over, what an embarrassment.

If we have to play Bramall at LCB, then practice it in training because his positional sense is very poor. Its bad enough at LB but at LCB he went walkabout and kept finding himself next to Revan.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    MT has just said the Viktors wonder save hit him on the fore head..........still got to get there..............lol...UTM
    Strangely enough, the text commentary on Fotmob app said "header by Johansson". I was thinking that must have been a mistake. You just cleared it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Viktor was immense today and is fast becoming our greatest ever goalkeeper.

Huge credit to Peltier today who played every minute and was great in the air. I don’t remember him losing a header and he even kicked one off the line in the 90th minute.
    Didn't Peltier get out jumped for the first goal by Che Adams, who hit the post and then Armstrong knocked it back in?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast