+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southampton Post Match Comments

Southampton Post Match Comments

CAM is in UK on family business and asked me to launch the comments post. We’re fighting for our lives as I write this. What do we think?

20% possession. 4 shots (Saints 22) 2 on target ( Saints 10)
    Doesn't matter 1 - 1 is all that matters.
    battling for a point. Viktor kept us in it.
    Dead chuffed

Humble pie time for the doom mongers .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Humble pie time for the doom mongers .
    Absolutely right!

What a fantastic point that was. No-one saw that coming after they went ahead after just three minutes, but we battled away helped by some magnificent saves from Johansson, and very good team changes by our manager leading to a brilliant equaliser from Hugill. That should help to kick start our season and we can now go into another boring international break with a lot more confidence. Well done Millers and well done to the fantastic following from our fans. What a great day it's turned out to be. U.T.M.

Someone call the cops because we just committed daylight robbery. Shame it wasn't 3 points. I'd like to see that Appiah finish again because it looked close.
    Speaking of Appiah. He's got to start our next match. The lad has more skill and creativity in his little toe than Green
    MOM Viktor. Kept us in the game with some solid saves

Totally unexpected but welcome point nice to see a bit of ambition playing 2 up front paid off Kelly and Hugill not pretty to watch but very awkward to play against Hugill turned game for us held ball up well and generally made a nuisance the defending was hard to watch at times why do we always get a good result before an international break and are then poor after it?
    8 subs again when will our luck turn injury wise? I’d like to see Appiah given a run he worries the opposition with his dribbling 6 bookings for us referee a joke again booked Appiah for kicking ball in net but didn’t book Saints players for obvious fouls on ours
    Last edited by uttis; 07-10-2023 at 04:25 PM.

Much, much better defensively.

Need to sort the front out now and ditch the 4-3-3.

Was releaved to see Fred coming off.

That was a great result, well done to the players and manager. It would have been so easy to collapse after the early goal, we rode our luck and relied on victor but we have been owed a bit of good fortune. If we are honest we could have been 3-0 down at HT but it is a typical Russel team, lots of tip tap and not much end product. What a difference it makes having a real CB there in Hall also I thought Peltier was outstanding. Great goal by Hugill and the best bit of the match was in injury time his dive to win a foul near the touch line. I think dropping him was a clever decision, also thought Kelly put a real shift in when he came on and agree with the comments about Appiah. Very happy that we showed real fight and desire against a big club, we now need to use the two weeks to get some more fit and build on that.

Great goal from Hugill, which was made by having 2 up front. Hugill won the header then Kelly forced their defender to clear the ball which fell to Hugill to finish.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast