+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Viktor Johansson

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I don't get to any games now but in my time I've seen many of the goalkeepers mentioned on here and they all had their strong points (although I was never really impressed with Rod Jones) but my favourite, particularly when it came to bravery, was Alan Hill. And it wasn't just us who thought so. I was at a Forest v Everton match at the City Ground after we'd sold them Alan Hill and Barry Lyons. "You can have Barry Lyons back anytime," said a Forest fan when he discovered I was a Rotherham fan, "but if you've got any more like Alan Hill we'll have them." (In fairness to Barry Lyons whose wing play I really enjoyed at Millmoor, I think we had the best out of him before we sold him to Forest.)
    I thought Alan Hill was brilliant - as you say he was ridiculously brave. He's always been my favourite. Is Viktor better? Difficult to judge because of thd time that's passed but yes I'd put Viktor at number one

See January not the tallest that will reduce fee we'd get for him. All our best keepers had flaws that's why they were here.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    There's a certain World Cup winner between the sticks at Villa who was particularly special. I realise he was loaned to us but he deserves a mention. That said, I think Victor is better!
    8 games for us. He played 11 for Wednesday.

Doesn’t get in the running for me.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    See January not the tallest that will reduce fee we'd get for him. All our best keepers had flaws that's why they were here.

Alan Hill in my time watching millers he's my no. 1 as it stands he kept goal at a higher level than the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Do they pay by the inch now 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Im sure CT will be upset if Roy Ironside doesn't get a mention!! I personally remember Rod Jones being a very good keeper. Sold on to Burnley.
    👍

Tom Mcalister was a great goalkeeper from 75-79 for us!

The Tiser have only given him a 9 for yesterday’s performance.
    Surely it’s a 10.
    Maybe if he’d have gone up for a corner and scored in OT he would have got the top marks possible

Lee Peltier got a 9 and that’s well deserved

I just knew Gru would mention his height, what utter b*locks.
    As a member of the goalkeeper's Union, I can say that Viktor is the best ever, and surely he is worth 10 million.

Jim Furnell one of my favourites.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast