+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eustace out and Rooney in at Brum?

It was Rosenior doing the important work. You can see that by the way he's doing at Hull compared to Rooney's attempts at DCU and Brum.

Having watched what happens on the training videos posted on RamsTV and seeing who appears to do what in the "technical area" during games, I am of the opinion that Barker is our "Rosenior" with PW being more Rooney.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    There is a view that Rosenior did most of the coaching. He seems gutted, shouldn't think the money is that big a deal for him, his reputation as a manager much more of a hit. It does take some doing to take a team from 6th to near the bottom of a league, reports say players couldn't understand what he wanted or indeed perhaps what he was saying?

AS I said at the start of this thread, I hoped it would end in tears, this hiring managers on the basis of past glories and the guff about Rooney's Birmingham which the ****s in the media always write. Many good coaches out there who deserve the jobs that the likes of Rooney, Lampard and Gerard ahve had handed to them on a plate, purely due to their history as players.
    It’s the same throughout the business world (and footy is a business), there’s some invisible line below which reward if any has to be earned and above which reputation/ past glories/ who knows who is what matters

Curiously we seem to be in a phase when there are a greater number of British managers in the top flight...Moyes, Howe, Edwards, Dyche, Hodgson, O’Neil and Wilder...than usual.
    None of them were outstanding footballers, certainly not in the Rooney class, but all of them are more intelligent, articulate and better communicators.

As for achievement...I like Guardiola and Klopp...but are they really the best? For me, if Rob Edwards keeps Luton up it’ll be the biggest possible achievement in the Premier League this season.
    Be interesting to see how Pep or Klopp would get on at Luton or Bramall Lane.

Successful clubs have the best managers, I think Pep or Klopp would do a great job at Luton. Conversely, I don't think Edwards would do as well as those 2 at Liverpool or City.

Agree as the galactico like players at Liverpool or Citeh wouldn't have any respect for an Edwards - as his trophy cabinet doesn't brim over

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    It’s the same throughout the business world (and footy is a business), there’s some invisible line below which reward if any has to be earned and above which reputation/ past glories/ who knows who is what matters
    I'd agree to the extent that Rooney's and other appointment have been made by businessmen who are considering the business side of running a football club, more than the sport side. But football is a strange business and unlike other businesses customer s don't usually have a choice as to where they spend their money. Hence the Glazers running Man U as a cash cow and that clubs subsequent failure to realise its sporting potential.

Once one enters the world of management, there are certainly many examples of people promoted far beyond their competence and capability whose rise seems to be based on who they know and their ability to bull**** the clueless people employing them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)