+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hamas o/t

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I've long had a lot of sympathy for Palestinians but the actions of Hamas in targeting innocent civilians is both heinous and difficult to fathom in terms of what they expect to achieve.

A glance at any map of Israel today compared with that of 1949 quickly shows how much land Israel has illegally appropriated over the years, mostly enabled by the West either turning a blind eye due to Cold War considerations or else the US actively supporting it. There had been hopes that things might ease but the rise of Benjamin Netanyahu has only made the situation worse and things have been brewing for a couple of years now.

Whilst it is clear that Iran actively supports Hamas, it is far from clear that these latest attacks will draw them into a full blown war with Israel so difficult to see what Hamas thought they would achieve other than Israel now retaliating with the virtual destruction of Gaza and thousands of more innocent lives lost.

Easy and right to condemn Hamas but I think all countries should also be mindful of how this situation came about that allowed an increasingly extremist Islamic regime to come to power in the first place. Just hope that Egypt or whoever can try and broker something before this escalates even further and drags in other countries. Dangerous and sad times.
    No offence, but you joined this website in 2021, and seldom have you ever posted anything about West Brom.

What attracted you to this website, and more importantly, what made are you think anybody gave a fk about Hamas?

Is there nowhere else in the fkiing world wide web you can go and spout this s hite?

We can all express our feelings, what has happened is enough to provoke all sorts of them but let’s not fall out amongst ourselves over it. We’re all Baggies on here.

This awful business saddens me a lot and I had a rant about it; some may agree, others not but let’s not go at each other over it.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    No offence, but you joined this website in 2021, and seldom have you ever posted anything about West Brom.

What attracted you to this website, and more importantly, what made are you think anybody gave a fk about Hamas?

Is there nowhere else in the fkiing world wide web you can go and spout this s hite?
    Why do you want to police what type of posts people can contribute? I can't get my head around why you would click the topic if it didn't interest you.

Most people don't want to come on here and read you have little spats with other posters. Is there nowhere else you can do that?

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Why do you want to police what type of posts people can contribute? I can't get my head around why you would click the topic if it didn't interest you.

Most people don't want to come on here and read you have little spats with other posters. Is there nowhere else you can do that?
    I don't police anything, but this is a West Brom forum.

But, I can't get my head around why you would come here to spout brexit b ollox time after time after fking time.

Furthermore, you've had your "spats" when you have to resort to cutting and pasting in thread after thread about brexit, haven't you, you hypocrite?

Did i police the same b ollox you spouted time after time then?

No, I didn't.

I'll have my say here, that I think this is a West Brom site, just like you bored the fk out of everybody about brexit.

I don't believe discussions on Hamas belong here, as they are all over the news 24/7, with plenty a talking head who knows much more than anyone on here giving their 2 peneth, and this is supposed to be an escape from that, and a place you can go to to forget the sh!tness of life.

Is this website was called talk any old bo llox mad, then I wouldn't come here to look for west brom news.

I may have been late to join this forum but prior to that had followed it for a number of years. Of course the main reason to join is being a Baggies fan and to discuss the Albion but a glance through the forum pages shows plenty of non football threads and, personally, I find the majority entertaining and interesting.

As others have pointed out, there are disagreements on some topics -particularly politics- but it's good to see another point of view sometimes and everyone has something to offer . Although I'm not afraid of confrontation , I admit to not particularly liking some of the spats on here though and see no need for them. I'd prefer a more respectful "agree to disagree" and move on attitude but understand that some topics are more emotive than others. That said, over all, I've found the vast majority of posters on here to be friendly, helpful and supportive of each other.

As a comparative "newbie" maybe some feel I have no right to express my opinion on the matter but I personally don't see a problem with posting non Albion topics. At the end of the day, people don't have to read them and if no one was interested in them why would many of them get so many responses and conversations going? We all have Albion as a common interest-but that doesn't mean we don't also have other interests in common. Maybe it would be better to have a separate section for O/T threads like other forums do but I deliberately labelled the Hamas thread as O/T so those that didn't want to read it didn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I don't police anything, but this is a West Brom forum.

But, I can't get my head around why you would come here to spout brexit b ollox time after time after fking time.

Furthermore, you've had your "spats" when you have to resort to cutting and pasting in thread after thread about brexit, haven't you, you hypocrite?

Did i police the same b ollox you spouted time after time then?

No, I didn't.

I'll have my say here, that I think this is a West Brom site, just like you bored the fk out of everybody about brexit.

I don't believe discussions on Hamas belong here, as they are all over the news 24/7, with plenty a talking head who knows much more than anyone on here giving their 2 peneth, and this is supposed to be an escape from that, and a place you can go to to forget the sh!tness of life.

Is this website was called talk any old bo llox mad, then I wouldn't come here to look for west brom news.
    Give it a rest. You don’t like the way it is, don’t read it. Meanwhile we’re all stuck having to read your nonsense as you hijack several good threads having a pop at decent posters.

Says a heck of a lot about your life that you feel the need to have little online spats.

Most folk come on a forum to get away from moaning wives. We don’t need another sensitive woman falling out with posters and telling folk what do on here.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    I understood that the 1947 deal was heavily in favour of the Zionists. Arabs were the majority in population but only offered 38% of the land and it would be split into three areas.

I have only been reading about this recently, so may be wrong.
    If you want to no more about what happened in 1948 and the lead up to it Exodus by Leon Uris is a great read. Yes it's a work of fiction and written by a Jew so with a bias but gives a great insight as to why Israel won.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    So, England play Australia at Wembley tomorrow night; all players will, apparently, wear black armbands in respect of the loss of life in Israel and Gaza. After the Russians invaded Ukraine, the Wembley Arch was lit up in blue and yellow, which might lead one to expect that, following the worst act of terrorism for many years, that arch would be lit up in the colours of Israel. Oh no, not the FA, that would never do, it might offend somebody! The FA, a bunch of lily livered cowards, apologists for Hamas. Disgraceful.

The BBC are as bad, refusing to refer to Hamas as terrorists; if what they did to those poor people in those villages, not to mention the taking of hostages, isn’t terrorism, then I don’t know what is. There really are some ****ing awful people in the World, not all of them abroad.
    Would you think the FA are placating the local Arsenal fan demographic, rather than Spurs?

It was interesting that on ‘Question Time’ last night the panelists referred to Hamas as terrorists yet Fiona Bruce followed the BBC party line and didn’t. Of course they are terrorists, and amongst the worst in modern history.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    It was interesting that on ‘Question Time’ last night the panelists referred to Hamas as terrorists yet Fiona Bruce followed the BBC party line and didn’t. Of course they are terrorists, and amongst the worst in modern history.
    I understand why people are concerned with the BBC’s stance. John Simpson provides a simple explanation in the link below.

I believe the sentence in which he says “The key point is that we don't say it in our voice. Our business is to present our audiences with the facts, and let them make up their own minds.”

It is interesting to read what he says, and it indicates that the BBC have always had this view, with perhaps many of us not realising it.

Link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-67083432

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)