+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Euros are coming home....again

The Euros are coming home....again

2028 tournament awarded to all home nations.

However, it looks like only 2 of the 5 nations will qualify, as no automatic qualification for the hosts.

Given we had them in 1996, and the semis and final last time, a WC is long overdue.

But apparently Saudi have definitely got 2034, so we can dream on with that one.

Hello Blood. My lad's been bitten by the England home and away bug. Funnily enough he messaged me earlier to say he's looking forward to a cheap summer in 2028 as we're at home and he won't have to pay for flights and accommodation.

His happiness was edged slightly when I pointed out he'll be 28 by then and will probably find himself with a fire breathing dragon of a wife, a nice fat mortgage and a pair of screaming red faced nappy fillers by then.

It's fair to suggest he hadn't looked that far into the future and isn't quite as enthusiastic about the prospect of the summer of 2028 as he was. Dads eh? Always there to hand out a few kind words of wisdom from experience .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Hello Blood. My lad's been bitten by the England home and away bug. Funnily enough he messaged me earlier to say he's looking forward to a cheap summer in 2028 as we're at home and he won't have to pay for flights and accommodation.

His happiness was edged slightly when I pointed out he'll be 28 by then and will probably find himself with a fire breathing dragon of a wife, a nice fat mortgage and a pair of screaming red faced nappy fillers by then.

It's fair to suggest he hadn't looked that far into the future and isn't quite as enthusiastic about the prospect of the summer of 2028 as he was. Dads eh? Always there to hand out a few kind words of wisdom from experience .
    You'm right Albionic68.

I was 24 when euro 96 came here and I went to the top grounds, as I thought that would be only opportunity to see them, because our top flight hiatus was 10 years and counting at the time.

Went to the vast majority of away grounds I have been to with West Brom from the age of 18 to 27 as well, before the trouble strife came along.

Hardly ever go away now with the Albion, even if it's a ground I haven't been to.

I'd advise him to apply for euro 2024 while he has his freedom, even though it's in Hitler's backyard. They have a very good integrated transport system and travelling around at 2006 wc was very easy, but on the flip side the country's full of Germans.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)