+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kevin Holt - goal machine !

Kevin Holt - goal machine !

As was said on the Dode Fox podcast Kevin Holt has been the best pound for pound signing of the summer (he was free)

Seriously though been very impressed with his goals and everything he’s brought the side.

The partnership with Gallagher has been brilliant and a big part of our success this season.

If we go up I think Holt and Gallagher should remain as our centre half pairing

With that in mind surely it’s time to extend the one year deal that we signed Holt on - otherwise he’ll be free to sign a pre contract elsewhere in January ?!?

Good signing yeah but it's a bit early to say what our squad should look like if we go up.

A lot can happen, we've got a manager who's only two defeats from the Goodwin Out boys starting again.

Let's see where we are with the players quality and form when February comes. Ryan Edwards springs to mind.

Far too early to be talking about contract extensions etc. We've made a good start but that's all it is as the moment - lets see what these players have to offer over the course of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    As was said on the Dode Fox podcast Kevin Holt has been the best pound for pound signing of the summer (he was free)

Seriously though been very impressed with his goals and everything he’s brought the side.

The partnership with Gallagher has been brilliant and a big part of our success this season.

With that in mind surely it’s time to extend the one year deal that we signed Holt on - otherwise he’ll be free to sign a pre contract elsewhere in January ?!?
    Bit behind as per usual with the Dode Fox guys, but i agree and he is by far exceeding the expectation i had of him.

As for giving anyone a new contract for now is seriously premature. There is an argument to be raised on if there are cases of players finding their level, and i mention that with McMann in mind as raised the week before by the podcast guys. Just now i am seeing the Scott McMann that came to us then fell away due injury, endured a disaster last season, but agree this may be down to played out of position in a back 3 in a utter failure of a team!

Can these guys make the step up again? Well i was thinking about this over the weekend after seeing Doc spray the ball about, and i think most can. Only concern i have despite him being solid so far this season is with Grimshaw as I just dont see him as a top flight RB or CM.

Ferry chunts, that is all. 🙂

Decent at this level. I think both would struggle in the Prem.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Decent at this level. I think both would struggle in the Prem.
    Really?

I think both are more than good enough for the Prem. Not really surprised by Holt either, was happy with the signing at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Really?

I think both are more than good enough for the Prem. Not really surprised by Holt either, was happy with the signing at the time.
    Yip, unless we want to be fighting at the bottom of the table every season, Holt especially, although Gallagher isn't the player he was a few years ago. They're doing the business right now, but we have to remember the calibre of strikers these guys are playing against at the moment. A good example is McMann. I didn't think he was very good in the Prem but he's the new-age Maldini in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yip, unless we want to be fighting at the bottom of the table every season, Holt especially, although Gallagher isn't the player he was a few years ago. They're doing the business right now, but we have to remember the calibre of strikers these guys are playing against at the moment. A good example is McMann. I didn't think he was very good in the Prem but he's the new-age Maldini in the Championship.
    Mcmann is a left back. Not a LWB not a CB and that is where he played majorty of the season and to be honest he was decent enough as a cb at times. Play him in a settled team in his actual postion with a partner down the left and especially with a decent goalkeeper behind the defence id have no issues with him being our left back in the Prem. If we do go up and do go 3 at the back we better ****ing sign the right players for it. I trust Goodwin though to figure things out regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post

Holt is a very solid & reliable player and at this level is a very good signing IMO .

I would hope and think we will look at better player when we go up as i think top end championship is probably his level without meaning to sound disrespectful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)