+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry away

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Apparently a bloke called Thomas is coming over from Sweden. He's quite a friendly chap and most personable for a marauding Viking.

I believe he's fluent in five languages, about 5ft 11in and usually favours unruly hair. If you see him say hello from me please 🙂.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I spoke to Geoff this evening and passed on your best wishes, he reciprocated. Unfortunately, he won’t be going to any games in the near future as he is having a hip replacement operation soon. He did mention possibly going to the Leicester match, early December, I think. I will post more info when I get it, there maybe a few on here that would like to meet up with Geoff again.

We will only talk football, promise!
    Cheers Mike, thanks for the update.

Apparently a bloke called Thomas is coming over from Sweden. He's quite a friendly chap and most personable for a marauding Viking.

I believe he's fluent in five languages, about 5ft 11in and usually favours unruly hair. If you see him say hello from me please 🙂.
    But, I’m taller than 5f 11in! 185 cm, should be 6,069 something feet. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    But, I’m taller than 5f 11in! 185 cm, should be 6,069 something feet. 😎
    Best to avoid disappointment by not standing next to any large wooden rulers near a wall Thomas..... you may find you're not quite as tall as you once were, just saying 😉.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Keep on fighting the good fight mate.

This website used to be an escape from the sh it on the news and about a joint love for the Albion.

The days we laughed about the constable paintings and ****ing off dings who came to belittle us.

Now, it has been hijacked by c????, who want to show off about what they have and talk about Hamas.

When did this website become talk about any s hit, other than West Brom.

No fking post about a potential new owner, but post after post about the same s hit you hear on the news.

This was supposed to be our escape!
    Ah, the Constable remarks were true classics (”the only constable you’ve seen was the one who nicked you for vagrancy”). 🤣

Well, 2 games for Oct/Nov anyway, Coventry A and Hull H.

COYB!

Any suggestions to where Baggie fans drink prior to game!?

I have been to Coventry twice I think. As a kid in the 70s and stopped at a horrible B & B with the mrs in the early 90s. Therefore not a clue.

So any info or advice is appreciated.

I have been to Coventry twice I think. As a kid in the 70s and stopped at a horrible B & B with the mrs in the early 90s. Therefore not a clue.

Coventry city centre has had quite the makeover since you were last there Thomas having been funded via 'City of Culture' status. It's still a bit of a soulless dump for the most part although there are some decent areas.

There's a multitude of bars in the city centre some of which aren't as cr@p as the rest of them. I know there is/was a pub near their current stadium but I've never been there so can't recommend it.

Out of interest is your return ticket for London via Coventry Arena (near the stadium) or the main station in Coventry? I only ask as the stadium's nowhere near the city centre and can be a pain to get to and from.

Coventry city centre has had quite the makeover since you were last there Thomas having been funded via 'City of Culture' status. It's still a bit of a soulless dump for the most part although there are some decent areas.

There's a multitude of bars in the city centre some of which aren't as cr@p as the rest of them. I know there is/was a pub near their current stadium but I've never been there so can't recommend it.

Out of interest is your return ticket for London via Coventry Arena (near the stadium) or the main station in Coventry? I only ask as the stadium's nowhere near the city centre and can be a pain to get to and from.
    Main station Coventry.

And yes, I have come to realise the location of the stadium, unfortunately…

But, I arrive quite early and therefore have time to have some reconnaissance work done.

Get something strong from the tesco extra, and not in the ground, opposite to numb the pain of having made a c??? Like Mike Ashley that little bit less richer.

Joking aside mate, I went to Cov City centre back in March, having not been there since they managed to get some Olympic football a few years back.

The walk from the station (they seem to have 2 now one old open one and a new one waitiing to open I think) was a complete transformation, I couldn't actually believe it was the same walk.

The actual city centre was a sh it hole still.

I hope you find a place full of Baggies and you leave the dump 3 points richer.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Get something strong from the tesco extra, and not in the ground, opposite to numb the pain of having made a c??? Like Mike Ashley that little bit less richer.

Joking aside mate, I went to Cov City centre back in March, having not been there since they managed to get some Olympic football a few years back.

The walk from the station (they seem to have 2 now one old open one and a new one waitiing to open I think) was a complete transformation, I couldn't actually believe it was the same walk.

The actual city centre was a sh it hole still.

I hope you find a place full of Baggies and you leave the dump 3 points richer.
    Yes, let’s really hope so mate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)