+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Palestine / Israel

O/T:- Palestine / Israel

Hearing and seeing some horrendous things in this country about those killed, there’s free speech, but the country is becoming feral, it seems some can say and do what they want without any repercussions. Society is fecked, how do you bring it back?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-10-2023 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Hearing and seeing some horrendous things in this country about those killed, there’s free speech, but the country is becoming feral, it seems some can say and do what they want without any repercussions. Society is fecked, how do you bring it back?
    I can't watch the news in detail. It was bad enough seeing what was happening in Ukraine. Another two generations of hatred now exists and it is hard to see a way to a resolution.

I guess that is the beauty of multiculturalism. No chance of bringing it back, as hurty words and actions are only ok in one direction.

All gone a bit quiet in Ukraine. Another flare up starts somewhere else to feed the arms manufacturers. Quelle surprise.

The Home Secretary was keen on free speech a few months ago;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2299495.html

Not so much now.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ys-rishi-sunak

It’s almost as if the government and their allies only want free speech when it suits them.

The situation in Israel/Palestine is horrendous, as much as this country is ‘fecked’ I don’t know how this makes it more so.

Obviously designed to be a provocative post BFP. If you think it is ok for Hamas supporters to be allowed to celebrate the beheading of babies and killing of innocent citizens in Israel, on the streets of our capital. you seriously have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    The Home Secretary was keen on free speech a few months ago;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2299495.html

Not so much now.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ys-rishi-sunak

It’s almost as if the government and their allies only want free speech when it suits them.

The situation in Israel/Palestine is horrendous, as much as this country is ‘fecked’ I don’t know how this makes it more so.
    Again predictably you turn it to your bias, the thread is about the scum on the streets who don’t value life not the Home Secretary.

Again predictably you turn it to your bias, the thread is about the scum on the streets who don’t value life not the Home Secretary.
    Apologies, you brought up free speech in your original post, I wasn’t aware you didn’t want anyone else to talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Obviously designed to be a provocative post BFP. If you think it is ok for Hamas supporters to be allowed to celebrate the beheading of babies and killing of innocent citizens in Israel, on the streets of our capital. you seriously have a problem.
    You’re imagining things again 1959, I haven’t said anything like that anywhere.

I dunno, I think it's easy to be too pessimistic. I suspect there's only a small number of hyper-partisans (plus bots and trolls and attention-seekers and stirrers trying to spread disinformation for fun or political ends) saying the really awful things. All this on social media platforms which were never effectively moderated or regulated to start with and even less effectively now.

I think most real people's real opinions are pretty similar and pretty nuanced. There are - of course - people with sympathies more on one side than the other, but most comments and statements I've read are calling for pretty much the same things, though with a difference of emphasis. Even those whose sympathies are more with one side than another don't typically hate/say horrendous things/glory in violence and destruction.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast