+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arbroath cup match

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Lose next weekend and is it over for Marv or will he get more time ? Thoughts ??
    If Queens hadn't turned in they performance did yesterday, - then it was on the cards that Marv might have to go - or walk if Queens are beaten next week, - but there was more than enough to suggest there's a lot more to come from this team, - especially now that most of the injured are back in training on Monday.

Annan will be an extremely tough match, - in many ways much tougher than Arbroath, - and I'm not sure we will get through the game unscathed. Its what we do against Cove and then Falkirk that counts, - and if we lose the next three, - he will need to admit defeat, - to allow time for a new manager to assess the squad ahead of the January window.

I think a corner may have been turned yesterday, Queens deserved so much more and a chance at penalties was the least they deserved. Having said that, - everyone will need to be playing at 100% next Saturday.

I find it extremely worrying that the manager is so upbeat after yet another defeat. We have been so poor recently that he has maybe got carried away with the fact that we actually created some chances, shame we were not capable of taking them. We are on a horrendous run of results at the moment and he is quickly running out of excuses. He says we are getting players back from injury but overlooks the fact that we pretty much had a full squad at the start of the season and we all know how well things went then.

I completely understand your frustration, but we must remember that despite Marvin's confidence in his own ability, - he is a new manager and he is learning.

It has taken a long time, - but he has stopped the dithering in defence, - and for that he should be applauded, - but having said that there is now little wriggle room - if he repeats the same mistakes in the next few matches, - and particularly against Annan.

I'm not convinced that Marvin realises that Annan could be his nemesis, - particularly as he faces a lot of ex Queens players with points to prove, - none more so than Tommy Goss.

I wouldn't show him the door next Saturday if he loses, - but it would be his last chance if he does, - especially as the fans will turn against him big time, - and you are right, - if he loses at Galabank, - many others would want him out.

There's a fine balance between confidence and belligerence with Marvin, - but I saw chinks of improvement last Saturday, and a sea change yesterday, - so I can only hope this will continue, - not only against Annan, - but in every game after that.

So, - for me, - Annan is a game changer, - but not enough to remove the manager............yet, - however his jacket will be hanging on a shoogly peg after that.
    Last edited by jardi; 15-10-2023 at 04:10 PM.

A much better performance that should really of brought a victory. Doherty played well his strength made a difference. Houston played some lovely first time passes. Him being dropped is still a mystery. Josh played well but he had to get his shot away after making a great run.
    I thought Arbroath were pretty ordinary in the final third but they still found a way to win. They are fairly settled through the side. I was struck by the togetherness of the team and bench when McKenna hit his winner. I would love Marvin to target that team spirit going forward. I guess it is a lot to do with the stability of Arbroath as a club.
    On to Annan.

We desperately need to beat Annan and stop the rot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    I find it extremely worrying that the manager is so upbeat after yet another defeat. We have been so poor recently that he has maybe got carried away with the fact that we actually created some chances, shame we were not capable of taking them. We are on a horrendous run of results at the moment and he is quickly running out of excuses. He says we are getting players back from injury but overlooks the fact that we pretty much had a full squad at the start of the season and we all know how well things went then.
    I've just listened to Marvin's chat with Sandra and I have to agree with everything he said. He's in a much better place and hopefully, - as he infers, the corner has been turned.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I've just listened to Marvin's chat with Sandra and I have to agree with everything he said. He's in a much better place and hopefully, - as he infers, the corner has been turned.
    Maybe he's in a much better place but the team isn't. Whether the performance against Arbroath was better than in previous weeks is irrelevant, the reality is we have lost yet another game. If we go on an undefeated run then I'll accept that the corner has been turned but that is certainly not something I would deduce from a game that we lost.

Great to see Paul McKay made the SPFL team of the week. Where has he been. I know keeping Marvin company.

Sorry Beautiful South, I have to disagree with you. Life is about taking the positives, - and we must take the positives from the Arbroath game.

I also love Will I Am Hugh It Sun...................brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Sorry Beautiful South, I have to disagree with you. Life is about taking the positives, - and we must take the positives from the Arbroath game.

I also love Will I Am Hugh It Sun...................brilliant!
    Yes, took me a bit of head scratching before the penny dropped.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)