+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Albion assembly October

Albion assembly October

I think we can expect to lose players in January then if there will be no sale till the end of the season. Probably best to have reasonable expectations already then. Championship survival and wait hopefully for new owners by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    I think we can expect to lose players in January then if there will be no sale till the end of the season. Probably best to have reasonable expectations already then. Championship survival and wait hopefully for new owners by the end of the season.
    There are a few that we wouldn't miss but don't think those would garner much intetest! Tbh, the squad is thin enough as it is so really hope this is not the case. Certainly don't expect to see any incoming though.

Looks pretty certain that Lai has no intention of repaying the Wisdom loan now. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that we can manage to find a half decent owner by the end of the season to give us a much needed boost and the chance of a rebuild going into next.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    There are a few that we wouldn't miss but don't think those would garner much intetest! Tbh, the squad is thin enough as it is so really hope this is not the case. Certainly don't expect to see any incoming though.

Looks pretty certain that Lai has no intention of repaying the Wisdom loan now. Just have to keep our fingers crossed that we can manage to find a half decent owner by the end of the season to give us a much needed boost and the chance of a rebuild going into next.
    Feel sorry for Carlos. He deserves better. I’m afraid we’ll end up losing him because he’s really pumped up for promotion and this club presently hasn’t got the circumstances to back him. (Could have though if Lai was more interested in emptying his pockets instead of filling them) we will then end up playing Russian roulette with 5 out of six managers being blanks.

Let’s hope none of the bigger clubs come sniffing around as the season progresses. Leeds United already showed some interest and Carlos remained faithful. That is an unusual trait in the game these days, so much credit to the man. Given our financial constraints and the likelihood we will be offloading some players, I don’t think anyone could blame Carlos if he decided to walk.

The club really does need to be sold and sold this time to someone (or a consortium of people) who have a genuine connection to it. It was muted that this could happen in the latter part of this year. However, it now appears it will likely not happen until the end of the current season. We certainly don’t need another wealthy owner like Mr Lie who is ripping the heart out of the club at the moment. We need someone who will put a reasonable bit of investment in and not expect to much out and that is not going to be easy.

Fingers crossed we get what we all want. That is a strong person who in the first instance gets it back to a stable position and then back to the top flight. That may take a little time though.
    Last edited by On Balance; 13-10-2023 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Feel sorry for Carlos. He deserves better. I’m afraid we’ll end up losing him because he’s really pumped up for promotion and this club presently hasn’t got the circumstances to back him. (Could have though if Lai was more interested in emptying his pockets instead of filling them) we will then end up playing Russian roulette with 5 out of six managers being blanks.
    You'd like to think that the board are being open and honest about the situation with Corberan and that he will continue to show the integrity and commitment he has already demonstrated for a little bit longer but guess we cannot expect him to work under such circumstances indefinitely. He will be an attractive proposition as a manager to other clubs just as some of our better players will be. I just hope that the club can weather the situation until the end of the season but if we fail to get a new buyer then, then can certainly see him depart along with players.

Interesting to read the bit about no direct quotes. Either the meeting wasn't overly informative or those minutes have been very heavily redacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Interesting to read the bit about no direct quotes. Either the meeting wasn't overly informative or those minutes have been very heavily redacted.
    I can't get out of my head the possibility Lai is stringing everyone along and has no intention of selling. Sorry if I've now given others the thought. Can anyone end the nightmare for me.

I see someone of dubious background has supposedly put in a bid for Reading of £50 million. Albion and Reading the same value! Just how low have we sunk? Happy to see us bought on the cheap as long as the millions saved are spent on the club.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I can't get out of my head the possibility Lai is stringing everyone along and has no intention of selling. Sorry if I've now given others the thought. Can anyone end the nightmare for me.

I see someone of dubious background has supposedly put in a bid for Reading of £50 million. Albion and Reading the same value! Just how low have we sunk? Happy to see us bought on the cheap as long as the millions saved are spent on the club.
    I think the ‘by the end of the season’ doesn’t mean it will necessarily be at the end. The EFL will ratify any such deal and it will be then we will hear of it..hopefully it will be early new year ..here’s hoping that they who come in will give Carlos a few quid in the summer..at least things are moving guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    It did look a bit vacuous. Almost a meeting for meeting sake, but lots of meetings go like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)