+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fabrizio Romano - Tonali betting

Maybe this explains his glum look, the bets didn’t come off and he’s lost a wedge o cash?

Some people can never have 'enough' money.

I think it's more to do with boredom, Once you make enough money to buy new houses, cars, jewelry, clothes, nice holidays What else can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    I think it's more to do with boredom, Once you make enough money to buy new houses, cars, jewelry, clothes, nice holidays What else can you do?
    True. It’s why many rich kids take drugs. If you’re handed everything on a plate (not that footballers are) then you lose ambition in life and have nothing to work towards.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    this is exactly right mate, football clubs have a duty of care to their players to make sure they receive proper support. These are young adults who have mindboggling fame and wealth, pretty much cant leave the house without someone asking for a selfie, a moment of your time, an autograph and the rest. That will get really old really quickly, some days there's nothing i love more than just grabbing some Indian food and a few beers and locking the door for 2 days because i dont want to see anyone. Id hate to think i cant even go to the local shop without being pestered.
    I know people go on about the amount of money they earn, and rightly so, but how does a person keep entertained or get excitement when you have enough money to fly your dog privately to another country to get its claws clipped and not even have to check the bank.

Its a completely different world that these sport stars live in

Some "sources" have even suggested Tonali wasn't even betting on football ffs and one of the alleged times, he was actually playing the full 90 mins at the time the bets were placed.

The bigger question i would be looking at is IF AC Milan already knew this was going to be leaked when they sold him to us. I genuinely thought we got him fairly cheaply for the price we paid. He was their star player, a full international, a title winner and vice captain of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    this is exactly right mate, football clubs have a duty of care to their players to make sure they receive proper support. These are young adults who have mindboggling fame and wealth, pretty much cant leave the house without someone asking for a selfie, a moment of your time, an autograph and the rest. That will get really old really quickly, some days there's nothing i love more than just grabbing some Indian food and a few beers and locking the door for 2 days because i dont want to see anyone. Id hate to think i cant even go to the local shop without being pestered.
    I know people go on about the amount of money they earn, and rightly so, but how does a person keep entertained or get excitement when you have enough money to fly your dog privately to another country to get its claws clipped and not even have to check the bank.

Some "sources" have even suggested Tonali wasn't even betting on football ffs and one of the alleged times, he was actually playing the full 90 mins at the time the bets were placed.

The bigger question i would be looking at is IF AC Milan already knew this was going to be leaked when they sold him to us. I genuinely thought we got him fairly cheaply for the price we paid. He was their star player, a full international, a title winner and vice captain of the club.
    So are you suggesting that Tonali and AC Milan knew about this when they sold him? No bleeding wonder he looks so miserable! He must have known this was gonna come out, let’s like waiting for your prison sentence, not good. He’s gotta be worried, and so must Eddie,course it might be nothing hopefully or he’s in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

If you can afford to fly your dog to have its nails clipped you can pay for privacy. The amount of money they receive is immoral and rather sick in this day and age and poverty in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    If you can afford to fly your dog to have its nails clipped you can pay for privacy. The amount of money they receive is immoral and rather sick in this day and age and poverty in the world.
    It is sick! I remember a few yrs back the police trying to trace a Ferrari which had been parked at Heathrow for several weeks with no owner in sight. They eventually traced it to Ashley Cole,he said he’d just forgot about it! That sums them up really,he probs had another 3 on the drive!

Just read a report that Tonal’s agent has said he is a gambling addict and wouldn’t comment on whether he gambled on football.
    Surely there is a breach clause and we can recoup some of the money spent—transfer and wages—if proven true. If not, we need new lawyers. Ridiculous if this is the truth.

He's been cleared by FA to play for us against Palace which is good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)