+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pie - A Notts County Fanzine

For a good 10 years or more I used to print the PIE Fanzine when Neil McGowan & Steve Westby were editing it & as a Notts Fan it was my favourite job to see running off the presses in black & white & enjoyed having a first read of it before it went on sale. I was always impressed with how many copies were printed even when crowds dwindled to around 4,000. A great publication that was popular too with non Notts fans.

Used to love The Pie. I think I still have a load of them in the attic.

Many happy memories of my trips to Selectadisc to buy the latest pie and I did write a few articles for Notts fanzines back in the day not sure if I was published in the pie but if anyone remembers "flickin n kickin" the Notts & Subbuteo fanzine I did a bit for them. I think there was another one as well. There would often be people outside the kop before it was rebuilt as well selling fanzines for away clubs and I amassed quite a collection. Someone did try and re*****ise the pie a few years ago and I think did one episode of it I think his name was John.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Many happy memories of my trips to Selectadisc to buy the latest pie and I did write a few articles for Notts fanzines back in the day not sure if I was published in the pie but if anyone remembers "flickin n kickin" the Notts & Subbuteo fanzine I did a bit for them. I think there was another one as well. There would often be people outside the kop before it was rebuilt as well selling fanzines for away clubs and I amassed quite a collection. Someone did try and re*****ise the pie a few years ago and I think did one episode of it I think his name was John.
    bit amazed that the word v i t a l is banned on here.

bit amazed that the word v i t a l is banned on here.
    I think it's because there used to be a rival football messageboard with that name. But it's ridiculous really.

Many happy memories of my trips to Selectadisc to buy the latest pie and I did write a few articles for Notts fanzines back in the day not sure if I was published in the pie but if anyone remembers "flickin n kickin" the Notts & Subbuteo fanzine I did a bit for them. I think there was another one as well.
    I still have some old copies of FnK and I'm in touch with Dave who ran it.

Other Notts fanzines, aside from FnK and The Pie, that I am aware of were:
    - The Thin Yellow Stripe
    - No More Pie In The Sky
    - Magpie George (tho I'm not sure I've ever seen a copy of this)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I still have some old copies of FnK and I'm in touch with Dave who ran it.

Other Notts fanzines, aside from FnK and The Pie, that I am aware of were:
    - The Thin Yellow Stripe
    - No More Pie In The Sky
    - Magpie George (tho I'm not sure I've ever seen a copy of this)
    I used to write match reports for FnK when I used to follow Notts around the country in my late ****s and early 20's. I also wrote a feature article on Australian Notts players for the re*****ised pie when that guy tried a few years back but I don't think he could get the traction. Lot of effort required. I don't know how the Notts Stats website guy does it. Still have a lot of the Notts badges the pie produced somewhere probably covered in rust now! Great memories thank-you.

Wanted to resurrect this thread as we've made quite a lot of progress since I first posted about this project six months ago.

The digital archiving is going well. We're on course to launch the web archives sometime over the next month or so. Every issue of The Pie produced up to 2009 will be available to read on there. Plus a few bonus publications that were produced in short runs and thus quite hard to find.

There is also an article about the project in the new issue of When Saturday Comes.

Name:  WSCarticle.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  99.4 KB

Anyone in here who is on Facebook and interested should join The Pie Facebook Group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3185474638415690

Also if anyone fancies a night out next month we're running this free celebration event next month at Metronome.
    https://www.gigantic.com/a-celebrati...24-05-23-19-22

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12