+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Noise

Fans Noise

This season our fans noise has been very good and a lot noisier than previous seasons.
    Before the Grimsby game I said we had to make more noise than the away fans but after the noise their fans made in the play off game .. but I didn't think we would/could - how wrong was I even reducing them to silence mid way through the 2nd half.
    Tomorrow will be as challenging with 4000 Stags fans there so the kop need to lead the orchestra and us auld blokes in the Pavis need to follow their lead and sing loud and proud even if we are losing or going through a sticky patch .. and especially if we are winning and its nervy -don't sit there quiet lets cheer the lads to victory.
    C'MON YOU PIES

Agreed PnR , I too was suprised that we managed to out sing Grimsby, and the audible support this season has been on another level, we need to make sure this is the case tomorrow, even if it is a bit tight and nervy.

I was going to post the same.
    Mansfield make a lot of noise, particularly when travelling.
    We need both stands to be fully vocal tomorrow.

I was going to be tight lipped through out the match but after reading this I'm now going to sing my head off, thanks for the advice 🙃

Have you tried lubricating the bearings?

O/T but did anyone notice the crowd noise censorship from Channel4 at the start of the Eng v Aus game? Announcer stated that the period of silence would start and end on the refs whistle but you never heard any whistle and the sound was just gone. Suppose they were anticipating vocals?

I sit close to the half way line in the Pavis and it's been noticeable that more people are joining in the singing than perhaps have in previous years. This is a response not just to winning football, but people genuinely enjoying the match day experience. We'll need everyone on board tomorrow as whilst they won't admit it, it is Mansfields big day out. Its not so long ago that they brought more to this fixture than they got at home!!
    The reality is that both sides have a lot to shout about at present and it's a long time since I've looked forward to a game as much. Hopefully an atmosphere and a day to remember with no nonsense from fans of both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    I sit close to the half way line in the Pavis and it's been noticeable that more people are joining in the singing than perhaps have in previous years. This is a response not just to winning football, but people genuinely enjoying the match day experience. We'll need everyone on board tomorrow as whilst they won't admit it, it is Mansfields big day out. Its not so long ago that they brought more to this fixture than they got at home!!
    The reality is that both sides have a lot to shout about at present and it's a long time since I've looked forward to a game as much. Hopefully an atmosphere and a day to remember with no nonsense from fans of both teams.
    Mansfield's big day out? You're not even our main rivals. We've been filling local away allocations for a couple of years now, so don't let 4000 of us fool you. This isn't any different to Donny or Lincoln. You, on the other hand, were singing "Mansfield were coming for you" at Wembley, minutes after winning promotion. Reckon it's more your big day. Enjoy it anyway, well bring the noise like we always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    This season our fans noise has been very good and a lot noisier than previous seasons.
    Before the Grimsby game I said we had to make more noise than the away fans but after the noise their fans made in the play off game .. but I didn't think we would/could - how wrong was I even reducing them to silence mid way through the 2nd half.
    Tomorrow will be as challenging with 4000 Stags fans there so the kop need to lead the orchestra and us auld blokes in the Pavis need to follow their lead and sing loud and proud even if we are losing or going through a sticky patch .. and especially if we are winning and its nervy -don't sit there quiet lets cheer the lads to victory.
    C'MON YOU PIES
    Well said PnR. You have to remember though that Grimsby had over 3500 for the play off game but only about 2000 for this year.
    Swindon fans made an awful lot of noise, second half last week and they only had about 820.
    Couple of drinks beforehand and lots of sweets to keep the throat smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagnificent View Post
    Mansfield's big day out? You're not even our main rivals. We've been filling local away allocations for a couple of years now, so don't let 4000 of us fool you. This isn't any different to Donny or Lincoln. You, on the other hand, were singing "Mansfield were coming for you" at Wembley, minutes after winning promotion. Reckon it's more your big day. Enjoy it anyway, well bring the noise like we always do.
    As I said, you don't like to admit it. It is a fact that you use to bring more to ML than you got for some home games in different times. You weren't travelling to Donny and Lincoln in those numbers at that time!!! However, I accept that you have in recent times had excellent support both home and away. It's also deserved as the club has benefitted from strong investment and good management.
    Truly, nobody was even thinking about Mansfield at Wembley!! Why would they????
    As for tomorrow, I hope the 3888 appreciate the opportunity to watch what should be a terrific occasion. Alas, we are not afforded such an opportunity at Field Mill.
    Re the noise! I think you will find Meadow Lane a different prospect now.
    Enjoy the day yourself😁

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast