+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans Noise

The team didn't give Notts much to shout about. I admit I like going to watch Notts away more as we sing and at home sometimes we're really quiet for the number of fans we have. It shouldn't just be upto the Kop though, we have 3 stands, if they all sung then it would be much better. We should never give away teams the whole Sirrel stand though as it can turn into a home game for them if they fill the stand.

As for leaving early, you pay your money you take your choice. The players sometimes need to give their heads a wobble when they've played so crap and there's nothing wrong with supporters walking out. We probably all pretty much agree to never boo but leaving early to get home after a bad performance is saying your piece. Plus weekends are precious ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with this. It’s a travesty that we don’t simply allow away fans to have the family stand. If they sell out, so what?
    There were a few on here when discussing this saying they’d rather take the money of selling out the JS.
    How many important games have we won when selling out the JS to the opposition?
    Wrexham and Mansfield can’t give us 4K to sell so why should we cash in by giving them that many tickets?
    We have given Wrexham 2875. It's a start but far too many.
    We will get about 1000 there.
    https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/20...onday-at-10am/

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Never again should Notts County allow Mansfield to have an entire stand, I've had some neutrals who watched the game on TV ask me about this today and the general gist was "why the hell didn't your club use home advantage in a local derby, no other club would have done that".
    We will do the same for Wrexham no doubt, cash in the tin although id like to see some spent on addictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    It could be the difference of who we sign in January though ?
    The budget couldn't have forecast that we would have an average of over 10.5k and a sell out(full price tickets)when we were on Sky - double bubble
    Depending how many away tickets we give Bradford that has a very good chance of a sell out too - fine balance though as we need to play good exciting football to keep the fans coming - we probably lost a couple of thousand fans on Saturday.
    We also lost 3 points though and gave them to our promotion rivals instead.

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    We will do the same for Wrexham no doubt, cash in the tin although id like to see some spent on addictions.
    Which ones?

Quote Originally Posted by marshall55 View Post
    I think you will in January

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    We also lost 3 points though and gave them to our promotion rivals instead.
    If we improve the squad with the money maybe we won't next time - swings and roundabouts
    A bit like selling a few players to Derby so we could buy a new stand to get more money in to buy new players

Before Saturday, I think I’ve left the ground early a handful of times in my entire life - and that was usually to catch a train. Saturday was the first time I’ve walked out early - when the fourth goal went in - because I’d had enough. There was zero atmosphere in the Pavis Stand and I had no desire to see the Mansfield fans celebrating any more than I already had, so cut my losses.

That said, I can’t understand fans leaving early when we’re either winning, drawing or trying to equalise.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Unfortunately we as fans failed.
    Before the game and up until the equaliser the Kop made a lot of noise(and one idiot even shouted in response to a Mansfailed fan during the minutes silence)and the Pavis followed their lead.
    After the equaliser for the rest of the game and bare in mind it was an hour(including half time) before Mansfield took the lead there was nothing from us and it was all them.
    Then for the stampede when they went 3.1 and 4.1 up from our Supporters(the clue is in the name) was disgraceful and embarrasing, would they have left if we were 4.1 up ? it wasn't lack of effort on their part we were well beaten by a taller, stronger side with excellent tactics on the day.
    For gawds sake lets grow a pair whatever the circumstances and stay behind the lads especially v Newport and Wrexham especially considering the injury list.
    Do you realise how tiresome you come across ? It was bad enough with your " I've managed a girls under ten team( or whatever ) so I know what I'm talking about more than you " attitude, now it's demanding we all sing up and don't leave before the final whistle. It's up to the players to get the crowd noise up to a large extent, I left at 3 1, tough !

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Do you realise how tiresome you come across ? It was bad enough with your " I've managed a girls under ten team( or whatever ) so I know what I'm talking about more than you " attitude, now it's demanding we all sing up and don't leave before the final whistle. It's up to the players to get the crowd noise up to a large extent, I left at 3 1, tough !
    The managing went as far as the FA Cup so get your facts right please !!
    You ought to try managing it will help you understand the game more 😜
    Demanding really !! It’s a way we can help the team as mentioned by LW numerous times
    Look up the word supporter 👍

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast