+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The FA Cup

Chesterfield V Portsmouth
    Hereford V Gillingham
    Crewe V Derby will be on TV
    As for us, if we take it seriously we ought to be looking to get through but it will be a poor crowd, if people thought it was low last Tuesday, well I can't see more than 3,000 bothering for this one.

Charlton vs Cray Valley is fun - under 4 miles apart

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Chesterfield V Portsmouth
    Hereford V Gillingham
    Crewe V Derby will be on TV
    As for us, if we take it seriously we ought to be looking to get through but it will be a poor crowd, if people thought it was low last Tuesday, well I can't see more than 3,000 bothering for this one.
    Forest at home on the Sunday so home on a Saturday at 3pm. I think we will get about 7000.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I would think most of us prefer to avoid teams in the same division, so not a good draw. A home tie does provide a decent opportunity to progress however, should the club choose to take the competition seriously.
    Highly winnable if we play our 1st team but I don't think we've played a cup game under LW that we haven't dropped at least 5 regulars & as yesterday proved we haven't got a deep enough squad to get away without all our key players. A good chance to progress & hope for a good draw next round but I fear the worst. COYP

Home to Shrewsbury in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Home to Shrewsbury in the 2nd round.
    Only previous cup meeting was in the League Cup, over 2 legs in the 1st round in 1989/90. Lost 3-0 there and staged a fightback in the return but lost 4-3 in agg.

Not played them in the league since Feb 2014, Jack Grealish scored that day but we lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up.

Shrewsbury are currently 18th in League One. They've only scored 7 goals in 15 games, and away from home just 2 goals in 8 games. Gives us a decent chance to make the 3rd round if we put our best team out.

Edit: Forest at home to Everton at 5:30 pm Dec 2, so we'll probably play on the Friday or Sunday.
    Last edited by Elite_Pie; 05-11-2023 at 02:51 PM.

Could be on TV

If we put out a decent team and with the home tie, this match is easily winnable. They don't score many away from home, are struggling in league 1. It's a realistic chance of making the 3rd round and putting some much needed cash in the coffers before a very important Jan window

Come on Notts, this tie is winnable, it's time for us to get to the 3rd round. Please Notts.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast