+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: International Callups

International Callups

4th Division - Morecambe vs Crawley (traditionally a non league fixture back in the day) postponed due to international call ups.

WTF is going on. Play the game. It's not like either are likely to be missing a Ronaldo or a Messi

We should be playing too, only gonna bite us later with fixture congestion on a cold December or January evening

Agree, bloody play!!!

Play and fail to win and trigger a lengthy thread condemning the lack of postponements for international weekends...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Play and fail to win and trigger a lengthy thread condemning the lack of postponements for international weekends...
    I wouldn't, I want the drumbeat home away home awy week after week. It doesn't feel like the season's started

Take MA’s point - can’t do right for doing wrong - but I hate this ‘stop start’ stuff too. Tends to just destroy any momentum. Think there’s another one mid November time when we’re due to play Reading at home.
    Maybe we’re just postponing all our home matches until we manage to overcome our apparent ‘fear’ of Pride Park.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 16-10-2023 at 01:33 PM.

I do get that fans love nothing better than being wise after the event and playing and losing could have led to criticism.

I think the George Thorne injury vs Ipswich in the last game of the season is a great example, because he was badly injured it led to criticism due to risking an injury prone player in a nothing game, but had Wassall decided to rest players and then we went on and lost the semi then he have got criticism for not keeping the squad playing.

If we win the rearranged games and the adjacent games then the postponements are justified, if we don't then is warne going to allude to tired players?

I don't think it's a case of being captain hindsight. It's the middle of the football season, we play the available players in our squad, simple. If people complain about missing a star player, tough. You know what you get when you sign an international.
    Not interested in Warne's excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I don't think it's a case of being captain hindsight. It's the middle of the football season, we play the available players in our squad, simple. If people complain about missing a star player, tough. You know what you get when you sign an international.
    Not interested in Warne's excuses.
    Plus we don’t have any star players

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Take MA’s point - can’t do right for doing wrong - but I hate this ‘stop start’ stuff too. Tends to just destroy any momentum. Think there’s another one mid November time when we’re due to play Reading at home.
    Maybe we’re just postponing all our home matches until we manage to overcome our apparent ‘fear’ of Pride Park.
    Reading away. The home game is Tuesday March 12th and I'm back for that one and the Bolton game on the 17th.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)