+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The F.A Looking After The Big Boys

The F.A Looking After The Big Boys

They should have kicked them all out for their European Super League and left the rest of us to it.

Would it be an idea to split the draw for round 3 with the lower ranked half guaranteed a home tie. I understand smaller clubs can make more money by being drawn away at Old Trafford or Anfield etc., but for the sake of saving the competition and maintaining interest in it, Peterborough v Manchester City is a much bigger deal for example than Manchester City v Peterborough.

I think they should get rid of replay altogether I think fans wanna see a result on the day.

Yes the financial side is there for a replay but id say if we played a team 2 leagues above are we more like to win on pens or a replay ?

As a fan we want glory ie winning but I do get the owners business side.

In fairness to big clubs who play in Europe and have internationals you cant have players doing 70-80 games its just not sustainable and standard drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    They should have kicked them all out for their European Super League and left the rest of us to it.
    Who is going to kick them out exactly ??

Without likes of Utd Arsenal LFC the real big clubs the rest of PL would not get the tv deals its that simple and remember some of it trickles down the football league so clubs like us would be worse off.

ESL wasnt a great idea with much thought but I think they knew that already.....billionaire business people being selfish, never happen hey ?!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Who is going to kick them out exactly ??

Without likes of Utd Arsenal LFC the real big clubs the rest of PL would not get the tv deals its that simple and remember some of it trickles down the football league so clubs like us would be worse off.

ESL wasnt a great idea with much thought but I think they knew that already.....billionaire business people being selfish, never happen hey ?!
    Nobody's going to kick them out, it was a tongue in cheek comment, venting my frustrations at how the rich teams with all the power call the shots. When they were mooting the idea of European Super Leagues, it would have been nice for someone to show them the door, but obviously that was never going to happen.

I understand that the whole football setup in this country is built on the sand that is the TV money, so if you take those big teams away, the TV money will follow and the rest crumbles. I also don't have to like it, just because that's the reality! There was a time when the competition at the top of football extended beyond a handful of 'super' clubs. Unfortunately, those days are gone and except for a freak season like Leicester winning the PL, it's just become very boring.