+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Swing Low Sweet Chariot

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Given the build up to this tournament, I think we have done well to reach the semis, all be it through a favourable draw. It will be interesting to see how we get on against the Boks.
    Pleased the French are out, as they boo like spoilt kids at every slight decision that goes against them, and have sung the Marseilles, during most of the neutral games at some point during the match.
    Have to agree with this I'm afraid Sid. It's been commented on over here and put down to home tournament syndrome. Too many un-knowledgeable fans booing correct decisions just because they go against France and the Mareseilleuse singing is just bizarre. The French can be very passionate about their rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Have to agree with this I'm afraid Sid. It's been commented on over here and put down to home tournament syndrome. Too many un-knowledgeable fans booing correct decisions just because they go against France and the Mareseilleuse singing is just bizarre. The French can be very passionate about their rugby.
    La Marseillaise, I'm surprised a Francophile would get that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Fries View Post
    I presume those are freedom fries.

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Fries View Post
    Haha yep. It's not a word used here, but like Bastille Day. Mea culpa.

Sidders, I think it was pretty immature to suggest that just because I am against EU membership, I do not like European countries. The Fench are very passionate a out their rugby, rightly so, but booing en masse, at every decision that doesn't go their way, (when they are obviously wrong in a lot of cases) is poor in my opinion and would not expect England fans to do it.
    As for singing their National Anthem at neutral games, well that is just rude. If it was meant to cheer on the underdog, I am sure they could have chanted that teams name.

Sidders, I think it was pretty immature to suggest that just because I am against EU membership, I do not like European countries. The Fench are very passionate a out their rugby, rightly so, but booing en masse, at every decision that doesn't go their way, (when they are obviously wrong in a lot of cases) is poor in my opinion and would not expect England fans to do it.
    As for singing their National Anthem at neutral games, well that is just rude. If it was meant to cheer on the underdog, I am sure they could have chanted that teams name.
    A fair reply, 59. Yes, perhaps I was a bit sharp. I liked that you would not expect England fans to behave that way,

Come on England

Half time so far so good.

Half time so far so good.
    Weather conditions suiting us.. we don’t like ball in hand, so it’s perfect for us

Unlucky lads, just out muscled in the scrum after the substitutions. I felt we lost it rather than them winning it.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast