+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    If he goes then my first choice would’ve been Mike Williamson(?) from Gateshead who has unfortunately joined MK Dons…..didn’t he turn us down once already too?

Interesting to know that we couldn’t make him stay if he does leave. Are the owners not too worried, don’t want to stop someone leaving if they’re not fully committed…..or are managers/head coaches finding the limited recruitment input or lack of financial clout ultimately difficult to accept.

Could all be rubbish of course, but sometimes the silence can be telling. My money is on him staying, but I’m also in the camp of being interested to see who we would turn to next if ‘it’ happens. Never thought we’d be a feeder club for Oxford bloody United!
    We're being watched:

This is more amusing ". Never thought we’d be a feeder club for Oxford bloody United!"
    Another Sacked - Page 28
    in Div 2 suppossedly, but not in news yet, so can't say. A bit surprising
    boards.footymad.net

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/p...79#post-766941

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    This degrading of Oxford needs to stop tbh, it was the same when Ruben left.

Oxford are a progressive club, with very wealthy owners and a squad packed full of players on 6k+ a week.

It’s a squad that is perfect for his style, and it’s a lovely place to live.

They’re also looking at building a new training complex and a stadium that will cost £100 million.

Yes historically we are the bigger club, but that means very little nowadays.

Football is all about money.
    Sadly whilst we are probably still a slightly bigger club than Oxford, we haven't been better than them for nearly a decade, those rotten 4 years spent in non league have done so much damage to Notts County's standing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    This degrading of Oxford needs to stop tbh, it was the same when Ruben left.

Oxford are a progressive club, with very wealthy owners and a squad packed full of players on 6k+ a week.

It’s a squad that is perfect for his style, and it’s a lovely place to live.

They’re also looking at building a new training complex and a stadium that will cost £100 million.

Yes historically we are the bigger club, but that means very little nowadays.

Football is all about money.
    Gates haven't stopped some clubs from reaching high, but it definitely helps whilst low gates can hold you back. Oxford are currently averaging 8,994, Notts 11,781, so there's an argument to be made that Notts are still the bigger club with the greater potential, but obviously Oxford have got the head start being a level above.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    We're being watched:

This is more amusing ". Never thought we’d be a feeder club for Oxford bloody United!"
    Another Sacked - Page 28
    in Div 2 suppossedly, but not in news yet, so can't say. A bit surprising
    boards.footymad.net

https://yellowsforum.co.uk/threads/p...79#post-766941
    Surely, this deserves its own thread, not "Another sacked"

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Sadly whilst we are probably still a slightly bigger club than Oxford, we haven't been better than them for nearly a decade, those rotten 4 years spent in non league have done so much damage to Notts County's standing.

Makes me larf when you see posts that claim that spending 4 years in NL was somehow beneficial to us, Whaaa?
    Oxo do have 2 Billionaire owners, we know that for sure. The only thing you could say about Notts finances is that the supporters are unsure what sort of access they have to what sort of level of finance, cos no-one seems to know for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Gates haven't stopped some clubs from reaching high, but it definitely helps whilst low gates can hold you back. Oxford are currently averaging 8,994, Notts 11,781, so there's an argument to be made that Notts are still the bigger club with the greater potential, but obviously Oxford have got the head start being a level above.
    A bit like Burchnall moving to Forest Green but not quite as crazy. We seem to have the habit of getting managers/coaches careers back on track and then the f**k off after a year for more money anywhere other than Notts!!

“Sam Austin is doing a brilliant job because it is not the perfect fit for him playing where he is currently so we need some guys back in the bottom of the midfield that is four sure. This is very tough to deal with but I have an opportunity to show another side of my character.

“I don’t want to think of myself as someone who is made of sugar. It’s tough at the moment but we have done well up to this point, so if we can’t stand up to the challenging moments, then we’re not the team that we thought we were.”

When Luke made this statement on Saturday I felt sure he was going to stay.
    Is he made of sugar or not?

Makes me larf when you see posts that claim that spending 4 years in NL was somehow beneficial to us, Whaaa?
    Oxo do have 2 Billionaire owners, we know that for sure. The only thing you could say about Notts finances is that the supporters are unsure what sort of access they have to what sort of level of finance, cos no-one seems to know for sure?
    Bristol Rovers
    Oxford United
    Peterborough United
    Port Vale
    None of those clubs are really any bigger than Notts they've just been far better run over the last 20 years and are all currently in League One, which is where we should be, but obviously the damage caused by successive joke owners has changed how people perceive Notts County Football Club, it's why I get really annoyed when I see prats on here saying mid table/survival will be a good season this year and that idiot Chloe who goes on the Magpie Circle keeps saying it as well and I get really wound up by it.

I think it is unrelated. What else could he say? I am going to prove myself once I know the outcome of my Oxford interview?

He has an opportunity to prove himself in difficult circumstances, but he knows there will be others, and he would be mad to turn down the job to prove that he can manage out of this (relatively) poor run.

It could be the case that our owners are so well off that they wouldn't get anything out of buying their way to success and they enjoy the challenge of being hobbled. Rather like when you've become so good at a computer game and you win every time, you have to use the worst character in the game to keep it interesting and fun.

In football generally though, that doesn't happen. People with the money go for the big clubs and want to compete in the Champions League, not the FA Trophy.

Page 29 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast