+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So we would have been forced to stick with Jamie Fullarton even though it was clearly a disastrous appointment?
    Or Kevin Nolan which many said would have kept us in Division 2 ?
    It would certainly give the people who are hiring more food for thought ?
    The current system means the big clubs will get bigger and more smaller clubs will go bust.
    It won't happen in the Premier League anyway the clubs have too much power

I was reading about some European league the other day where managers are not allowed to coach two different teams during the season. Obviously that stops managers walking out on a club (a la Big Sam and Billy Dearden) mid-season, but it is also meant to stop clubs firing managers willy-nilly.

Mind you, Alexander seemed to be getting stick from MKD fans when we played them and they were near the top, so it seems he was pretty unloved from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I was reading about some European league the other day where managers are not allowed to coach two different teams during the season. .
    That's the best solution I think. If it was just "not under contract" you'd have managers trying to negotiate an exit or end up sulking because they've being denied a chance to move up. If it's one team per season, everybody knows where they stand, including players who otherwise think they can easily get rid of a manager they don't like.

Sounds great until you are lumbered with a Fullarton for a season.

Look at the damage he'd cause the club.

Poor manager, no rapport with fans, negative football, losing most weeks that sounds great and MOST fans would not be happy.

LW is obviously a good coach, man manager and the key is he connects with the fans that helps for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

You could still sack a manager, but you'd have to either stick with a caretaker to the end of the season or bring in somebody not currently in a job or working in another league. Under those restrictions, fans would have to think twice before calling for the manager's head and staging protests.

The down side would be the risk of flooding the game with more foreign and/or first time managers whilst the better English managers are on "gardening leave" for longer periods with less opportunities to get back in. Something needs to be done however and I think it would be worth trying, I'd anticipate greater stability for the majority of clubs with long term positives outweighing the negatives.

Williamson in already at McDonalds...well that was quick 😳

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

Look at the damage he'd cause the club.

Poor manager, no rapport with fans, negative football, losing most weeks that sounds great and MOST fans would not be happy.

LW is obviously a good coach, man manager and the key is he connects with the fans that helps for sure.
    Yes but he would never have been hired would he and we would still have the crazy football from Moniz! I still think there was an air of vindictive in that appointment from the owners at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Williamson in already at McDonalds...well that was quick ��
    If he can get a few points on the board, can’t say I blame him. Infrastructure there. Half decent squad that just needs a positive vibe.
    Only issue is the chairman and the fans backing him.
    Big jump for Williamson, but he’s a good manager imo. He was always my first choice before we appointed Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Yes but he would never have been hired would he and we would still have the crazy football from Moniz! I still think there was an air of vindictive in that appointment from the owners at the time.
    Well not necessarily him but we’ve picked our share of duffers I’m sure we could have found one

I do agree in principle that a manager needs time and have always said that our model helps as we buy players to fit the model whilst under previous owners we appointed various managers all with completely different ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Williamson in already at McDonalds...well that was quick ��
    Quite interested to see how he does there. He's done a cracking job at Gateshead and definitely earned the move. If someone poached LW, I'd have been happy with him and his team taking the reins here at Notts.

Page 3 of 91 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast