+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

LW must surely be aware of the speculation, would be nice if he would put it to bed! - “Come on Luke”

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Bristol Rovers
    Oxford United
    Peterborough United
    Port Vale
    None of those clubs are really any bigger than Notts they've just been far better run over the last 20 years and are all currently in League One, which is where we should be, but obviously the damage caused by successive joke owners has changed how people perceive Notts County Football Club, it's why I get really annoyed when I see prats on here saying mid table/survival will be a good season this year and that idiot Chloe who goes on the Magpie Circle keeps saying it as well and I get really wound up by it.
    No need to speak about Chloe in those terms. I think she's pretty balanced and sensible in what she says although I am hoping for better than mid-table.

Like not reading this, if you don't like what you see on MC then don't watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    The bros would be thinking that if OUFC were willing to throw 850k on some unknown manager plying his trade in India, we can defo get 7 figures. To be honest, I’d take £1m for Williams if he does decide to move on.
    That money could go towards the next upgrade in Head Coach and also some can be used to bring in reinforcements in January. After all is that not our model now?
    I tend to agree on the valuation - everyone has their price.
    However, we have several players who have extended their contracts with - or come to - or stayed at the club because Luke Williams is the manager.
    Langstaff, Palmer, Jones, Bostock, Crowley etc. If Luke was to move on I don't think Langstaff, Jones or Bostock will be with us next season unless we get a top, top replacement. And even then they might still move on unless we get promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    And dont forget the OU fans seem to think they'll be signing Macca in January for £1 million, so that'd be another chunk in our coffers. Hilarious really.
    There’s no doubt we will have had offers for Langstaff in the summer. It was one of the rarities where he literally said he could go somewhere else for a few extra quid but he was so happy at Notts. This could be true for LW and maybe he’s had no interview, unfortunately it’s just a waiting game.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm not fussed about him going. However he did what others failed to do, and get us out of the NL. But this season he has been found out, and i think we now need an injection of new ideas... Just my thoughts, although i may be wrong. Time will tell......
    If he does go there I wouldn’t blame him with idiots like you not understanding what he is/was doing perhaps - won promotion from NL(probably the toughest English league to get out of) and standing 5th in the next division with some very bad luck regarding injuries- but he’s been worked out 🤷🏻
    Be very careful what you wish for

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Bristol Rovers
    Oxford United
    Peterborough United
    Port Vale
    None of those clubs are really any bigger than Notts they've just been far better run over the last 20 years and are all currently in League One, which is where we should be, but obviously the damage caused by successive joke owners has changed how people perceive Notts County Football Club, it's why I get really annoyed when I see prats on here saying mid table/survival will be a good season this year and that idiot Chloe who goes on the Magpie Circle keeps saying it as well and I get really wound up by it.
    Bit harsh on Chloe that. She's a decent sort and a massive Notts fan who generally has pretty accurate views on most things Notts.

on the Oxford forum, they are saying LW had a 2nd interview today!! - I have asked them how they know this but no-one has posted a reply as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    This degrading of Oxford needs to stop tbh, it was the same when Ruben left.

Oxford are a progressive club, with very wealthy owners and a squad packed full of players on 6k+ a week.

It’s a squad that is perfect for his style, and it’s a lovely place to live.

They’re also looking at building a new training complex and a stadium that will cost £100 million.

Yes historically we are the bigger club, but that means very little nowadays.

Football is all about money.
    It was tongue in cheek really. I mean, only last season we just wanted to be in the EFL again. I know next to nothing about Oxfords short to medium term goings on though I have been keeping an eye on them since Ruben left (I really miss him playing for us &#129401.

I didn’t realise they had billionaire owners though, fair play. Still, not a proper football club until you have four sides to the ground!

Oxford announcement 6pm

My guess is Frank Lampard and why not they have big ambitions

Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast