+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Ironically, I think Moniz could do business here. Let me honest, the squad he was playing with were absolute donkeys, with this squad, it might be interesting, certainly entertaining football
    Agreed. With this squad he'd be in his element. Mind you, unless he brought 'The Coat' back I'd be very disappointed.

Catching up on this understandably hot topic and thankfully some much needed humour amongst all the gossip and guessing.

Although I still can't believe any Notts fan would not be fussed if Williams left. That is a bewildering statement and surely a one off? Anybody else feel like that? If so, why?

It wouldn't surprise me if Derby sacked Warne after tonight's result, and while we could make reasonable case for staying at Notts v Oxford, I can't see him turning down derby if the chance came up.

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Derby sacked Warne after tonight's result, and while we could make reasonable case for staying at Notts v Oxford, I can't see him turning down derby if the chance came up.
    Why would Derby sack a manager who has them in 7th? The FA Cup won’t be a priority.

It’s the talk of interviews, second or otherwise that get me. If Oxford, or anyone else, approach Notts and say ‘we’d like your manager , how much will he cost?’, that’s one thing, but it’s the talk of our promotion winning coach having to go through multiple interviews for fckin Oxford that troubles me most.

F00ks sake, I hope all this is nonsense. Do football managers/coaches regularly go to interviews, not get the job, and merrily carry on ?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s the talk of interviews, second or otherwise that get me. If Oxford, or anyone else, approach Notts and say ‘we’d like your manager , how much will he cost?’, that’s one thing, but it’s the talk of our promotion winning coach having to go through multiple interviews for fckin Oxford that troubles me most.

F00ks sake, I hope all this is nonsense. Do football managers/coaches regularly go to interviews, not get the job, and merrily carry on ?
    Surely he's gonna be asked about it at his next press conference assuming he's still here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post

It doesn’t happen at Notts as we have been **** for such a long time. Now we are building momentum, playing a modern style. Players and coaches will be snaffled up… the beauty of it, is that we should make dollar from it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    It’s the right time of year…..but let’s hope for more than a donkey and a manger who gives us the third wise man to join the reedtz brothers.
    Shaun Harrad is returning ?

Looking like a load of twittering (or is that xing? *) nonsense:

tomhwilliams23
    @tomhwilliams23
    What I’m understanding about Luke Williams and #OUFC tonight:

- Led to believe that the other ‘employed’ individual that’s been interviewed is NOT LW
    - Belief is that he might not have even been interviewed for the role
    - #Notts trained as usual today

Looking more positive ����
    *why do sites (eg BBC and other news media) insist on saying X (formerly known as Twitter)? If the name change can't stand on its own two feet it should simply disappear into oblivion. Could have called it MuskToy.

In other news Cal Roberts stretchered off after 90' - doesn't sound good, very sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    I would hate the Cowley brothers here long ball and not much else apart from being obnoxious
    Same for me for the Cowleys as well. This is where I mentioned earlier in the thread about whoever comes in whether that be player, coach or manager these days is someone who fits the club, how we play, and our model.

I just don't see the fit.

We don't need names as well, high profile ex-pros or managers who have been around the block so to speak. Both IB and LW were not on anybody's radar apart from the radar's itself. So I'd expect any future head coach to be a highly experienced coach in the IB/LW mould. Perhaps it maybe slightly different now we are in the football league again in terms of quality of coach. But I would envisage the next head coach (hopefully along time in the future) to be someone like who Lincoln have appointed who has been at a premier league club or been at a club as a number two, where a patient possession based game but with purpose is the order of the day.

Caveat - All hypothetical and speculation at this point in time.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 14-11-2023 at 10:48 PM.

Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast