+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    But most of us don't know who we are here anyway.
    That is a question I ask myself most mornings... and I still have no idea who I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Many of their fans are suggesting the players don't want to play for Cooper, but those same fans made it very clear that the manager still has a lot of support. A difficult one for Mr Merryknackers to sort.

I'd be a bit nervous if I owned a local bakery.
    On another note, am I the only one who gets annoyed when they, with a straight face, claim to have won two 'Champions League' titles when they actually won the old knockout European Cup?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 07-12-2023 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    But most of us don't know who we are here anyway.
    I'm laddo ! And so is my wife !...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    On another note, am I the only one who gets annoyed when they, with a straight face, claim to have won two 'Champions League' titles when they actually won the old knockout European Cup?
    You're telling me Forest once (ahem) won the European Cup? They kept that quiet, they really ought to mention it now and again 🤣

Just waiting for us to have to move the Sutton game, because they are bigger and more important.

Talking of Fword. Here's a sobering stat..... There are now only 3 clubs in the top 4 divisions that Fword have gone longer without playing a league game against than Notts.

There are clubs that they've never played (Stevenage & FGR for example), but of those they have, just 3 last meetings date back before 1994 that are still in the Football League.

Quote Originally Posted by sinophile View Post
    Just waiting for us to have to move the Sutton game, because they are bigger and more important.
    The Sutton game is moved anyway as they're still in the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Talking of Fword. Here's a sobering stat..... There are now only 3 clubs in the top 4 divisions that Fword have gone longer without playing a league game against than Notts.

There are clubs that they've never played (Stevenage & FGR for example), but of those they have, just 3 last meetings date back before 1994 that are still in the Football League.
    Mansfield, Lincoln and one other I reckon.

Missed that Sutton are still in it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Mansfield, Lincoln and one other I reckon.
    Lincoln are one of the three, yes - who they last played in 1957. The other two are Newport and Exeter, both last played in 1951.
    There are 80 clubs that they have played league fixtures against since Charlie Palmer day, which is a terribly sad state of affairs.

Mansfield are one of the clubs they've never played a league game against.
    The clubs they last played before 1994 that are now out of the top 4 tiers are....
    Hereford (1977)
    York City (1976)
    Aldershot (1951)
    Torquay Utd (1951)
    Bradford P.A. (1949)
    Gateshead (1928)
    Darlington (1927)
    Glossop (1915)
    Gainsborough (1912)
    Darwen (1894)
    Plus the original Burton and Accrington league clubs

Notts have played no less than 115 clubs in league fixtures since playing Fword in 1994.

Page 62 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast