+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    It could be the case that our owners are so well off that they wouldn't get anything out of buying their way to success and they enjoy the challenge of being hobbled. Rather like when you've become so good at a computer game and you win every time, you have to use the worst character in the game to keep it interesting and fun.

In football generally though, that doesn't happen. People with the money go for the big clubs and want to compete in the Champions League, not the FA Trophy.
    I always thought our owners always liked us to have one of the highest budget in the division but not THE highest as that creates unnecessary pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Sadly whilst we are probably still a slightly bigger club than Oxford, we haven't been better than them for nearly a decade, those rotten 4 years spent in non league have done so much damage to Notts County's standing.
    We were well damaged before that, we never recovered from Munto. We are as a club streets ahead of where we were 10 years ago.
    With Oxford the more you hear the more you realise they are a club on the up. Notts will be a massive proposition for a new manager/coach and if nothing else we needed LW more in our darkest hour league standing wise than we do now as that league as has proved to so many is a pig to get out of.

Also been told by someone i know at Oxford who is usually in the know and told me about Ruben a week before it was common knowledge that Oxford haven't even approached Notts to speak to LW.

**don't shoot the messenger**

TomHWilliams take on the whole situ:

My understanding of the LW to #OUFC rumours

- Interviews for the job 100% started last week
    - 2nd interviews this week
    - There is a source reporting that 2 candidates being interviewed are currently employed by other clubs
    - One is assumed to be Des Buckingham (Mumbai)
    - I believe that the other is being labelled as LW due to Ruben’s comments at the weekend (a case of putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5 🤷*♂️)
    - There is no concrete source or evidence that LW has interviewed for the job
    - Unsure of the validity of the Football Insider report, although based on what others have said about past reports, I’d take it with a pinch of salt

As and when I know more I’ll share it on here. Let’s not panic. It’s been a tumultuous few days, but hopefully some clarity will be reached soon 🙌

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...18065176186932

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    TomHWilliams take on the whole situ:

My understanding of the LW to #OUFC rumours

- Interviews for the job 100% started last week
    - 2nd interviews this week
    - There is a source reporting that 2 candidates being interviewed are currently employed by other clubs
    - One is assumed to be Des Buckingham (Mumbai)
    - I believe that the other is being labelled as LW due to Ruben’s comments at the weekend (a case of putting 2 and 2 together and maybe getting 5 ��*♂️)
    - There is no concrete source or evidence that LW has interviewed for the job
    - Unsure of the validity of the Football Insider report, although based on what others have said about past reports, I’d take it with a pinch of salt

As and when I know more I’ll share it on here. Let’s not panic. It’s been a tumultuous few days, but hopefully some clarity will be reached soon ��

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...18065176186932
    I'd be disappointed to see LW leave, if it happened, but 'tumultuous' is a over-egging it just a tad.

If there's any truth in LW being interviewed, if he doesn't get the job then his position at Notts will be untenable. He will lose the respect of the supporters, and more importantly the Brothers..

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Also been told by someone i know at Oxford who is usually in the know and told me about Ruben a week before it was common knowledge that Oxford haven't even approached Notts to speak to LW.

**don't shoot the messenger**
    LW now 3/1 at bookies. Like i said, I don't think Notts have been approached for LW and it's all social media noise.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If there's any truth in LW being interviewed, if he doesn't get the job then his position at Notts will be untenable. He will lose the respect of the supporters, and more importantly the Brothers..
    He's now out to 3/1 third favourite with BetVictor, after being odds-on at lunch. This shows 2 things:

1) It's a small and volatile betting market
    2) Nobody has a clue, despite those saying they're ITK.

My guess is he's not been interviewed and has not shown any interest.

If he has, then yes, he'll lose a lot of respect.

If he has been interviewed, I doubt it is without the blessing of the Brothers. I am quite sure they will be confident that they can bring in a replacement who is an upgrade, and Williams doing well elsewhere will enhance our reputation of being a good club to work at and showcase your skills.

Bloody hell steady on durham.

Page 30 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast