+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egg-chasing

Egg-chasing

This weekend’s games, and especially yesterday’s, are a great example of why I don’t watch top-flight/international football much. The levels of drama, guts, blood and commitment on display were beyond belief at times. Beyond doubt one of the best days sport that I’ve seen and, as is often said, rugby can teach football a thing or two about the way to manage the game, reduce time-wasting and general respect.

Hate Rugby with a vengeance since high school when they made us try it in PE… we only had football pitches as well… stupid game & stupid rules… I got the strap for complaining to the teacher as well….
    Explain this… you kick off & boot the ball to the opposition, they run pass you & score.. you then kick the ball back off to them and they do the same….
    & don’t get me started on how pointless Rochdale Hornets who we share our ground with… they are down to 8 teams now for next season meaning only 7 home games… what’s the point in that 🤷*♂️

They don’t run past you and score. Hope that helps.

Yes they can if no one takes them down?… thought that is how a try is scored.. put the ball on the ground behind the line?
    I have seen Forest Gump 😀

Love the fact that we were no hopers yet the only british team to reach the semis,no doubt the Taffs Paddys and Jocks will be wanting us to lose on Saturday (which we will).

Last Northern Hemisphere team standing. It’s unusual for a team to run the ball straight back from a kick and score, most tries are scored after numerous phases of play. True though Pete, we won’t win the next one. My son-in-law is South African and I’ll never hear the end of it. Luckily I’ll be a few thousand miles away.

Where you off Griff?

Canadia.

Oooh very nice… on my bucket list but not in this weather 🥶

Sounds like you have the wrong clothes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)