+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annan v Queens

Absolutely crazy to think a fully fit and game changer like Lewis Gibson never even made an appearance at the weekend. For whatever reason Bartley has a real issue with the lad.
    We’re going to lose him and he’ll move on to bigger and better things before we would like.
    This might upset some but Marvin is a total tw@t. IMO

Interesting point of view Aloreburn, - and if we are not very careful, - he will move onto a much bigger club than Queens.

Would I have risked him against Annan? Probably not with his dad and others on the opposing side, - but from now on, - if fit, he should (nay must) be a starter every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Interesting point of view Aloreburn, - and if we are not very careful, - he will move onto a much bigger club than Queens.

Would I have risked him against Annan? Probably not with his dad and others on the opposing side, - but from now on, - if fit, he should (nay must) be a starter every week.

He will go and thrive at another football club under a manager who totally appreciates him Jardi.

Sadly, you are correct.

There are two issues here: I don't think Bartley fully appreciates how good a player Lewis is: and secondly his dad will make sure he plays anywhere but at Palmerston.

Once again, - a fantastic player will slip through our fingers.

Assuming the manager regularly attends training sessions and the player is fully fit, then I fail to see why Gibson is not playing regularly. Considering the standard of our defence he must look like a world beater in training. Whatever the manager may think are his failings, his ability to beat defenders and deliver excellent crosses puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the squad.

"Assuming the manager regularly attends training sessions and the player is fully fit, then I fail to see why Gibson is not playing regularly. Considering the standard of our defence he must look like a world beater in training. Whatever the manager may think are his failings, his ability to beat defenders and deliver excellent crosses puts him head and shoulders above the rest of the squad"

Yep, - pity the manager doesn't listen to the supporters eh?

You'd think the 1000 of us all sat or stood in a vacuum, - unable to see the pro's and con's of each of our players. Many of us also watch from a high vantage point, - able to see how all 22 players are set up and can quickly see where the risks are coming from with regards to the opposition. (A boring remark, - made for the last 40 years or so, - eventually, - one manager might try it!)

Hey, - what do we know, - the manager makes all the decisions and watches the game from a crazy angle, right on the touchline, and leaves his best players on the bench, - then spouts the same story to Sandra every week about injuries and how tough it is, - but that everything rests on his shoulders.

Maybe I'm getting a bit fed up, and sounding very cynical? - or am I just being realistic and know that we were exceptionally lucky to steal 3 points from Annan last week?

For me, it wasn't the result that mattered against Annan, - it was the performance, - and Marvin is going to have to up the ante big style in the next few weeks, - or Queens are heading for the play-offs at the wrong end of the table.

Highlights from last weeks game. The commentator is more of a supporter than anything else. TG missed a real hat load of chances.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHNlFji8fkA

If handled properly Goss would be an asset to any team in the league but need to avoid just lumping the ball in his general direction.
    Last edited by Spikefaethesouth; 26-10-2023 at 04:33 PM.

Of course he would Spike.

When you see a couple of those chances again, - they were a lot closer than we thought. Most of the so called 'free headers' were not goal scoring chances, - but its scary how much space Goss actually had.

As suggested, - stick Goss in a Queens team full of runners and technically gifted players, and get him to lay the ball off, - or head it in their direction and he would be a real handful.

Do you actually think Queens are full of technically gifted players jardi? Sorry but I can't see this I only see players of a very low standard when iv seen them which hasn't been too often as I don't see the value in paying to watch this lot these days ,Queens need a drastic upgrade of quality which I can't see under our current regime ,more likely to be taking further backward steps than forward ones .

The boy Gibson is a good player/a talent, of that there is no doubt, however none of us know why he's not being picked (aside from inside knowledge) so I'd be careful before criticising the manager at every turn. Bear in mind, before you have him playing for behemoth clubs, the games been littered with players predicted to be the next big thing. Fraser Fyvie, Islam Feruz, etc, I could go on for ages.

It wasn't so long ago, at the beginning of the season, some thought that Marv would have displaced Pep by now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)